Honda Cbr 250R 2011

LOSHonda

Ok, a little more "grist & speculation" for the "Rumor Mill".

Monday, when I was at Honda having them put the Michelin's on, I talked a bit with Mee, who is the Chief Mechanic, and instructor, and the only one with any English, which isn't saying much. Anyway, he said he has also heard that Honda will be bringing out a CBR 400 "next year". A 4 pot V, if I'm understanding him correctly. Need to go back and take my wife so she can ask. lol

:whistling:

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got the seats re-covered by the always good Toon on Intamara 21. Redone in a nice plain, dull matte black (no shiny fake kevlar thank you very much), with red stitching. Got double stitching (1 cm apart) on the rear seat to accentuate that nice bump shape.

Looks nice on the all black bike, with black rims/red rim tape.

400thb. :)

btw those Pirelli SD's are brilliant after 5000km. What a great change from the stocks, which were okay after they got very warm in fairness. The pirelli's are in a different league altogether though.

Edited by hehehoho

Planning on buying a cbr 250 next week, went to a dealer in Phuket town and was a little short of the total cash price, dealer was happy to finance with 65% down, 52% interest, and a Thai co-signer. Told him to toss himself. Greedy people are also stupid people who lose money...

52% interest!!! Isn't there a legal limit in Thailand?

Is anything enforced in Thailand? I ended up buying a 5 month old with 3k on it for 15,000 less than dealer price.

I just bought a 5 month old CBR 250R today from a Thai owner and the manual is in Thia. Any idea where I can get an English version, like on-line in PDF form? Honda web site does not seem to have it...

Post #4464012 by Nawak

http://www.hondampe.com.au/docs/owning_a_honda/owners_manuals/motorcycles/CBR250R-RA%2032KYJE000.pdf

http://www.hondampe....2032KYJE000.pdf

Ok, I'm going to throw this out and see if anyone - Brian / Sumit City perhaps - can shed any light.

Was at Honda / Niyom Panich today to get new insurance on my 150. While they were doing the paperwork on that, me and wife looked at restored Steed. She loved, I didn't. Sales rep comes over, speaks minimal English. Told wife I'd rather have a 650 Ninja than the Steed. Attention goes back to the 250's, for which I plan to wait till the 2012 model comes with the tri-color paint scheme. Guy talks to wife, tell her in March that Honda is bringing out a Brand New Honda CBR 400. I asked if he was sure it was a CBR 400 or CB 400. He was ADAMANT that it's a new CBR 400. I've checked every web site I can find for the past half hour and can't find anything, and was wondering if anyone else has heard anything about this?

I have heard rumors, but they are just that, rumors. Dealers don't usually know about a new bike until the official launch date. We don't get info any earlier than the general public. I sure hope they come out with a 400 though.

I thought that might be the case, as if we all remember, there was practically ZIP from AP Honda on the 250 until just prior to it being shipped to dealers. Even direct inquiries to them did no good, other than the standard: "We are preparing some new products to be available soon." So it looks like we all play the "wait & see" game again. Personally, I think a 400 would be a perfect bike for LOS. Still light/small enough to handle in city traffic without too much problem, but a lot more zip on the highways than the 250. Anyway, I'm sure if you do hear anything, you'll let us all know.

Thanks

Why wait for a Honda 400 that may or may not arrive any time soon when you can get a Kwacker 650 NOW that weighs about 6Kg more than the current CB400 but stomps all over the overweight underpowered Honda?

Because, cb 400 is inline four and kawa 650 is a double thumper let' say. big difference if you ask me regarding the characteristics of a bike.

Newf.

There is a post on gt-rider where a guy changes the fork springs on his CBR by using some from a 250 ninja. He says they are the same size but with a different spring rate. Apparently they cost 135 baht each. He also put 350ml in each leg rather than 331 and used 10 weight oil. He said it makes a big difference to the handling and the ability to soak up the bumps.

I read that also, I actually didn't find the suspension too bad at BIRA, I'm sure it can get alot better but I was still taking maxima at BIRA wide open. I just need more power first..!!!!!

hey newf, check it out racetech suspension from racectech dot com if you need good suspension for track.

11937738.jpg

93460907.jpg

Seats recovered by Toon, Intamara Soi 21

400b.

I hope it is water proof as i had my seat replaced with the same material - the dull matte black upholstery - and later found out that, it is not water proof material.

So, when it rains on the bike or when you wash it, the seat will be wet for a long time of course with your pant, underwear and ass altogether. laugh.gif

Water is getting in to the cushion and you cannot sweep the water from the seat with a piece of cloth like normally we do unfortunately so i got my seat re covered again.smile.gif

hi guys.

anyone used "dna filters" before or have experience about it?

They have just released an air filter for cbr 250r just for 80 euro including shipping which is an OK price for me if it is a good quality filter.

Any comments?

They are on a-par with K&N and to be honest the gains are minimal, just make sure the bike's air/fuel (A/F) ratio is correct and that the filter is oiled correctly after each time you clean it and all will be fine.

I hope it is water proof as i had my seat replaced with the same material - the dull matte black upholstery - and later found out that, it is not water proof material.

So, when it rains on the bike or when you wash it, the seat will be wet for a long time of course with your pant, underwear and ass altogether. laugh.gif

Water is getting in to the cushion and you cannot sweep the water from the seat with a piece of cloth like normally we do unfortunately so i got my seat re covered again.smile.gif

Must just look the same. I had a previous bike done in the same material for 18 months and not a wet bottom in sight. :)

hi guys.

They have just released an air filter for cbr 250r just for 80 euro including shipping which is an OK price for me if it is a good quality filter.

Any comments?

Don't think much gains are to be had with playing with the CBR's airflow. The most effective cheapish mod seems to be making the bike a lot less lean.

The Bazzaz looks good and is US$309, but fuel economy will drop from around 70mpg to around 55mpg, as reported, which might bother some.

Must just look the same. I had a previous bike done in the same material for 18 months and not a wet bottom in sight. :)

hi guys.

Any comments?

Don't think much gains are to be had with playing with the CBR's airflow. The most effective cheapish mod seems to be making the bike a lot less lean.

The Bazzaz looks good and is US$309, but fuel economy will drop from around 70mpg to around 55mpg, as reported, which might bother some.

I m thinking to get a full system exhaust, an ecu _ ll try thai brands for ecu_ and air filter.

Then there will be gain from the filter. Without touching the engine, the best you can do.

anyone tried api tech ecu before?

wwwdotyoutubedotcom/watch?v=onbEfmBhjFs

At least there are maps and a program for sure. Doesnt look so bad at least scam.

i know api tech is around for a while, i would like to try.

Anyone knows the price?

Thanks people.

THB 8,500 for the programmable one http://www.apitechonline.com/Shopping/index.php?route=product/category&path=35

They did have a street per-programmed one (50 maps?) for about THB 3,500 but have taken it off the market til they sort out some programming problems.

I had order and paid for one for my CBR150i, and after a couple of months they refunded my money and said it may be ready after the New Year (Western or Thai?!)

Hello there,

I don't know whether I am on the right thread or not. The point is that I try to understand why my bike is such a mess.

I've been able to reach 155 km/h. But another day, when I tried to accelerate, riding at a speed of 120Km/Hr (+/- at 7000 rpms), the only reaction was a lot of vibrations and a maximum speed of 135 Km/H. Another symptom, while riding in 3rd or 4th gear , steady at 6000 rpms or 5 000 rpms, the feeling I have is that the engine starts and stops every second, due to injection or ignition, I don't know.

The first time I mentioned this, the mechanician said that the vibrations came from my chain (????????). After mainy complaints, they asked (this is what they said)a techinician from the factory to verify the bike. He found out that a part needed to be replaced (it's not the chain anymore), but this did not solve the issue. I don't dare to ride my bike on the motorway anymore and would like to find mechanicians who know what they are talking about. If I run fast and change gear around 8000rpms, the bike works fine, up to the fifth gear, in sixth gear, there are the vibrations when the engine runs around 7 000 rpms. Indeed, when I went back to the dealer's they called the techichian who said that the injection programs cuts the petrol admission at 7000 rpms.

Well, what is the coming next big joke?

I tried to find their website to complain , but it seems that they have been flooded.

What can I do?

Edited by geuda

My friend has the same exact top speed and intermitten stuttering problem.

Maybe you can try resetting the ECU and see if that helps. Theoretically if you ride fast a few days out of town, then go back and drive slow in the city the ECU may not have enough time to readapt to a different driving style. The Ninja 250 doesn't seem to suffer from this though. There are a few people that have reset their ECU to accommodate a new exhaust or airbox modifications and dont report a difference until after a couple of days which is very odd.

How much fuel is in the tank when the stuttering happens?

Wow, you CBR-250 guys are up to 174 pages of posts. Way more than the old CBR-150 thread that Crowboy started. Is the bike really that good? Will be time to get a new bike for me next year the the -250 is certainly on the list.

Wow, you CBR-250 guys are up to 174 pages of posts. Way more than the old CBR-150 thread that Crowboy started. Is the bike really that good? Will be time to get a new bike for me next year the the -250 is certainly on the list.

I'm definitely "upgrading" next year, but will wait till the new models come out. I want to wait and see if they really are bring out a new CBR 400, and see what the 250 Tri-Color looks like. Then I'll make my choice as to which way to go.

If you got the carbed CBR 150 it can be made to be just as fast as the CBR 250. Possibly the Fi version as well, but I haven't had my hands in one yet.

I ride with a couple of friends who ride a CBR 250 and Ninja 250, and can verify for a fact the Ninja is a quicker bike. The guy on the CBR 250 is also the lightest, while im the fattest.

If you got the carbed CBR 150 it can be made to be just as fast as the CBR 250. Possibly the Fi version as well, but I haven't had my hands in one yet.

I ride with a couple of friends who ride a CBR 250 and Ninja 250, and can verify for a fact the Ninja is a quicker bike. The guy on the CBR 250 is also the lightest, while im the fattest.

I tend to agree with this to some degree. With the exception of one, I've had no problem beating the old carbed model. The one? Two up, loan sharks on the highway between Tak and Phitsanuloc. Pulled away from me a the light and just kept on going. Even when I hit 130, they were STILL pulling away.

Chalk it up to forum drama.