Phuket - Bkk

Old Croc

They all have good deals going on any given day although the vegetarian festival could be pushing prices up at present. Online bookings are generally the cheapest way to go. I have often found Thai to be cheaper than Nok Air, Air Asia has different pricing just about everyday, a couple of weeks ago my kids used One 2 Go (Orient Thai now, I think)as they were the cheapest on the day we booked.

I have a problem with AirAsia. They once owed me $A760 and it took about six months of daily followup to get it back. They kept insisting it was with my bank and they had lost it, but it transpired AA had sent it to the wrong account number and they were too lazy to check properly. No apology given.

And didn't 12Go fly into the ground and kill 90 or so pax?

Perhaps Nok air might be the way to go, or Thai if I can find the bargain outlined here.

Thanks all.

I have a problem with AirAsia. They once owed me $A760 and it took about six months of daily followup to get it back. They kept insisting it was with my bank and they had lost it, but it transpired AA had sent it to the wrong account number and they were too lazy to check properly. No apology given.

And didn't 12Go fly into the ground and kill 90 or so pax?

Perhaps Nok air might be the way to go, or Thai if I can find the bargain outlined here.

Thanks all.

Yes, 1 Two Go did have a major crash here at HKT a couple of years ago. They were shut down for quite a while after that and all their planes were inspected and their operating procedures as well. I flew them in February this year and they were on time and a good price. I have looked at AIr Asia, if you book in advance they are just slightly less than 1 Two Go. They also have more flights per day. I am considering flying them up to BKK in the morning and returning in the evening and not spending the night. Let me know what you find as I haven't looked lately...

Air Asia is crap and most of times delayed, just hate them, and not cheap at all for the non existing service

Used to be true.. But last maybe 10 flights perfectly on time..

Air asia is a budget airline, but they operate routes no one else does, direct to CM, Phuket to HCMC (stopped now), Udon, etc.. Just too easy compared to other options.

Air Asia is crap and most of times delayed, just hate them, and not cheap at all for the non existing service

Used to be true.. But last maybe 10 flights perfectly on time..

Air asia is a budget airline, but they operate routes no one else does, direct to CM, Phuket to HCMC (stopped now), Udon, etc.. Just too easy compared to other options.

I am a huge fan of air asia, inexpensive, often cheap, new aircrafts, clean letaherseats, no peanuts or old cakes, no tickets, less delays than most:)

I still dont think its cheap, maybe if you book about 1 month in advance but if you need a next day flight they are very expensive, not all can book weeks before flying, Air Asia that is, still hate them ;)

Forgot: My GF have got a lot of bad experience with Air Asia, she have a travel shop, believe me she can tell some horror stories about Air Asia

Edited by HDRIDER

I still dont think its cheap, maybe if you book about 1 month in advance but if you need a next day flight they are very expensive, not all can book weeks before flying, Air Asia that is, still hate them ;)

Forgot: My GF have got a lot of bad experience with Air Asia, she have a travel shop, believe me she can tell some horror stories about Air Asia

In the past year I've flown HKT to Chiang Mai for ฿3,600 round trip and to BKK one way for ฿1,000 all included on AA. That was just a couple of more than a half dozen domestic trips with this airline, and never a problem. If you book in advance deals can be had. And personally, I can sacrifice an hour or two flight without peanuts and beer, not a problem for me. The extra fare savings alone is worth that to me.

I don't doubt that others have had bad experiences with AA, as with any other airline. But overall they offer good deals and good service IMO.

Depart

FD3976 Phuket (HKT) to Chiang Mai (CNX)

Sunday, 17 October 2010

Depart 1950 Arrive 2155

2,073.84 THB1 Guest @ 2,073.84 THB

252.17 THB Airport charges & fees

Return

FD3977 Chiang Mai (CNX) to Phuket (HKT)

Wednesday, 20 October 2010

Depart 2225 Arrive 0030 (+1 day)

2,829.91 THB1 Guest @ 2,829.91 THB

305.09 THB Airport charges & fees

5,461.01 THB Total

Depart

Sunday, 17 October 2010

Depart 1950 Arrive 2155

Return

5,461.01 THB Total

And your point is?

This is a HKT to BKK thread.

And for the record I think that Air Asia have improved significantly over the past couple of years.

they are usually inexpensive 3-6 weeks before travel, and cheap on bookings 6 weeks to 1 year before travelling

couple of days before travel, Udon_Phuket is as much as 3200 baht, but no one else can do cheaper and AA is only direct flight

I fly with them like 12-15 times a year x 5years, and delay never more than an hour

one more advantage, they accept online bookings with CC without CC holder needing to travel

You are right, they are only cheap if you book in advance.

Try turning up at the airport and booking a fare on the same day.

If you want the next flight out even if its not full they are expensive.

You have to wait for the following flicht to get any discount

Depart

Sunday, 17 October 2010

Depart 1950 Arrive 2155

Return

5,461.01 THB Total

And your point is?

And for the record I think that Air Asia have improved significantly over the past couple of years.

Look up and you will see what my point is, can you see it???

Depart

Sunday, 17 October 2010

Depart 1950 Arrive 2155

Return

5,461.01 THB Total

And your point is?

Look up and you will see what my point is, can you see it???

I assume it's that Air Asia, along with all budget airlines, are more expensive the close to departure. We all know that and the airlines have to make money somehow.

But, in my opinion, the above price is still very good for a HKT/CNX return.

1800 baht roundtrip several times, booked a couple of months before travelling. so is Udon Thani. even cheaper booked on promotions.

Phuket KL roundtrip usually 1600 baht booked 2-3 months before travel

Phuket BKK 900-1200 baht roundtrip.

last minute or couple of days, of course expensive or on par with others, they have to make money on some tickets

but hey, I dont want more people to use them, just pushes the prices up;)

I know many love to hate the budgets, and I swore I wouldnt use AA when they dicked me about with over luggage (It wasnt the paying it, it was the fact they couldnt process the paying it elegantly all over a 1.5kg amount)..

But this year I flew Vietnam for 299 baht each way (plus taxes and luggage) direct CMX, cheap visa runs to KL and Sing.. Theres just too much they can do better than anyone else.

Yes if you book last minute they are not so much cheaper, yes theres a 100 'add ons' to book a seat or have large bags, yes they may even have delays (tho honestly I havent had that any more than anyone else) but still on balance they are a great addition and if nothing else have kept the majors on their toes about pricing.

that's the beauty of HKT compared to USM for example - variety of choices for air travel.

I have flown all possible domestic airlines to BKK from HKT.

personally, my first choice would be bangkok air - they occasionally have good deals but at short notice they are unlikely to have reasonable fares.

my next choice would be airasia - the aircraft is generally new, the FA's (in my experience) are good (and sometimes fit), they fly to soo-wanna-poom and their fares can be very very reasonable if booked at the right time. (I flew CNX-HKT for approx 1500THB in the summer whilst thai air wanted 7000THB for same day!)

then there's thai air, nok and 12go. well, the less said about them the better. thai are ok, nothing more, and rarely competitively priced. nok air and 12go do the job and that's about it + they fly to no mans land aka don muang - they are real 'no frills' airlines whereas I have always found airasia to be a class above them.

• 5 weeks later...

Nok...if the times suits...quicker by taxi into Sukhumvit or Silom...mind you the highway toll is now 105 baht

CAUTION!!

i recently went from phuke to bkk on nok air

it was the least expensive but no services available

i was sick with a cold and cough and let that be known to the ticket agent but i was still seated in the middle with passengers on both sides of me

nd

when i boarded the plane i asked for a pillow and blanket and the flight attendant said

sorry but no serivces r provided on this plane

next time i will take another airline where services r provided and pay the extra little money

for sure....dont take nok air if ur not feeling well