Best Embassy For Non O Visa With Work Permit

Does anyone have any experience in either Vientiane or Savannakhet at the Thai Embassies in getting a Non O visa, with a 2 year work permit? Is one Embassy better than the other.? I live in Korat and Vientiane would be closer and easier. Would I ask for a single or multiple entry?

Sorry - I do not understand the two year work permit bit.

I was always led to believe that the work permit was only valid as long as your visa was. ie one year visa - one year WP, one year visa with 90 day stay - 90 day WP etc. I am always happy to learn something new though.

I believe you can get a 3 yr Non B in oz but you can't get a work permit with it!

Good luck in getting a Non B 1 yr in KL or Penang.

I haven't tried for awhile, but I was only ever able to get a 90 single Non B there!

I get my 1 yr non B here as my lawyer gets it for me at a cost of 25K and 6 K for the W/P

I was always led to believe that the work permit was only valid as long as your visa was. ie one year visa - one year WP, one year visa with 90 day stay - 90 day WP etc. I am always happy to learn something new though.

I am on an Ed Visa and the visa type has to be changed now that I have the work permit. They are two seprate things. The work permit is for two years, but as posters have suggested I will probably get a Non B 90 day visa that will be extended, to one year, and then maybe another year after that.

My local Labour department no longer issues work permits locked in/expiring at the same time as the passport permission to enter stamp expiry date.

This was in part because of the issues that arose due to the 'Catch 22' situation where people were trying to renew non B visas and Thai Embassies like KL were refusing because the stamp in the work permit was also expiring.

Now my local Labour dept issues work permits of varying validity (up to two years in some cases), e.g. dive instructor - validity to when professional membership is next due, dive shop - expiration of TOT membership, teacher - end of year contact, etc.

Makes things a lot easier.

I believe you could go to Vientiane Lao PDR, and quite easily secure a single entry Non-Immigrant Type B visa with the appropriate paperwork (which you seem to already possess). Then when you've got about a month left on it, go to your assigned immigrations office based on where you live. You say you’re in Nakhon Ratchasima (aka Korat), and they will most likely give you the balance of the year as an extension, again with the proper documentation.

If you go this route, make sure after you secure your extension of stay you purchase a re-entry permit too. If you leave the country during the rest of the year without one, it'd cancel your extension of stay and you'd hafta start over from square one again.

Although I could be wrong, I doubt seriously that you'll be able to secure a year long multi-entry Non-Immigrant Type B at any thai embassy in S/E Asia, but, as I said I could be wrong. (Of course securing that type of visa would necessitate visa runs every 90 days too, where a yearly extension of stay will not).

I'd make a quick call to Sunbelt Asia (btw, a forum sponsor), and talk to the people in their visa department. They're pretty sharp cookies there and answer visa questions for free. I've picked their brains on more than one occasion and never gotten spurious answers from them.

Their main number is; 02-642-0213, and the main office is located on the 26th floor of the Fortune Town Tower on Ratchadapisek Road by the Rama 9 MRT station.

I believe you could go to Vientiane Lao PDR, and quite easily secure a single entry Non-Immigrant Type B visa with the appropriate paperwork (which you seem to already possess). Then when you've got about a month left on it, go to your assigned immigrations office based on where you live. You say you're in Nakhon Ratchasima (aka Korat), and they will most likely give you the balance of the year as an extension, again with the proper documentation.

If you go this route, make sure after you secure your extension of stay you purchase a re-entry permit too. If you leave the country during the rest of the year without one, it'd cancel your extension of stay and you'd hafta start over from square one again.

Although I could be wrong, I doubt seriously that you'll be able to secure a year long multi-entry Non-Immigrant Type B at any thai embassy in S/E Asia, but, as I said I could be wrong. (Of course securing that type of visa would necessitate visa runs every 90 days too, where a yearly extension of stay will not).

I'd make a quick call to Sunbelt Asia (btw, a forum sponsor), and talk to the people in their visa department. They're pretty sharp cookies there and answer visa questions for free. I've picked their brains on more than one occasion and never gotten spurious answers from them.

Their main number is; 02-642-0213, and the main office is located on the 26th floor of the Fortune Town Tower on Ratchadapisek Road by the Rama 9 MRT station.

Thanks Todd very informative. I am waiting for a lawyer to get back to me as to what I needed to take to the Thai Embassy, beside the work permit, I may need a letter from the business owner inviting me to join his company. I've visited the MFA site, but most of the documentation they require is more work permit related, as opposed to obtaining the visa.

I've visited the MFA site, but most of the documentation they require is more work permit related, as opposed to obtaining the visa.

Try this link - has all the paperwork requirements for a non immigrant B visa MFA non immigrant B visa requirements

The more I read the info the clearer is becomes. It says that I need a letter from the office that I got the work permit from. A WP3 form must be submitted by my employer.

I am sure that all these documents were submitted to get the work permit. ? Am I missing something here? Has anyone recently gone thru the work permit process and after receiving it, what papers did you have to take to the Thai Embassy?

The more I read the info the clearer is becomes. It says that I need a letter from the office that I got the work permit from. A WP3 form must be submitted by my employer.

I am sure that all these documents were submitted to get the work permit. ? Am I missing something here? Has anyone recently gone thru the work permit process and after receiving it, what papers did you have to take to the Thai Embassy?

When your company applies to Labour for a Work Permit using form WP3 a receipt is issued, it's a small slip of paper, take this receipt and show a copy when you apply for the non B visa.

When you get your non immigrant B visa , re-enter Thailand and show Labour your non immigrant 90 day stamp/visa stamp or passport slip and then they will issue your work permit.

With a work permit you don't need the WP3.

The WP3 is issued so you can can a visa that will give you a work permit.

When your company applies to Labour for a Work Permit using form WP3 a receipt is issued, it's a small slip of paper, take this receipt and show a copy when you apply for the non B visa.

When you get your non immigrant B visa , re-enter Thailand and show Labour your non immigrant 90 day stamp/visa stamp or passport slip and then they will issue your work permit.

This is why it is confusing, The Korat Labour Office gave me the work permit, as well as the receipts for it , Knowing that I am here on an Ed.visa As I was a thai student. So you think that is all I need to get the visa?