Red Shirt Faction Leader Warns Some Red Shirts May Become Suicide Bombers

webfact

Hitler was a mentally sick man who was diagnosed with a number of deseases which included Schizophrenia,Paranoid personality disorder and few others(sorry do not recall now what they were) and again do not forget germans did not have Kamikaze

Oh, sure they had:

Never underestimate what a sufficiently brainwashed person won't do, no matter they cultural background.

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hitler was a mentally sick man who was diagnosed with a number of deseases which included Schizophrenia,Paranoid personality disorder and few others(sorry do not recall now what they were) and again do not forget germans did not have Kamikaze

Oh, sure they had:

Never underestimate what a sufficiently brainwashed person won't do, no matter they cultural background.

Right, like dropping the atomic bomb for example.

After we had our chat about hitler and some simpelton approaches to explain - can we now return to the topic?

you say: A Thai to sacrifice his/her life for the sake of movement? let alone anything else-LOL

I say: LOL ???? about 91 people already gave there life, they knew there life was in danger and people died around them but the kept on fightin' .

A violent leader will not have problems to find a lot of very angry man who are ready to give there life (not suicide-bomber i think, would be a waste since thai police can only get criminals who turn themself in or fakes.

They busy organizing themselfs right now.

Note: The reds have definetly a militant wing somehow flying around them, but not every red grandma from isaan is a terrorist....

Those 91 people who died during April - May didn't 'give their life', mostly it was just taken from them. Most wouldn't have realized it could come to that. Some may have been asking for it, taunting army personel, some in line of duty, some in wrong place at wrong time (e.g. BTS Saladaeng).

In one thing I believe you're correct, the reds have a militant wing which needs to be clipped urgently.

Edited by rubl

No, he wasn't diagnosed with any of them - many researchers are however trying to retro-fit several different conditions to him to try to explain his 'behavior'. None of which are proven nor agreed upon.

No, he wasn't diagnosed with any of them - many researchers are however trying to retro-fit several different conditions to him to try to explain his 'behavior'. None of which are proven nor agreed upon.

Well if it smells like a duck, walks like a duck and looks like a duck-it usually is a duck.

PS. One of the latest chronology about him does confirm all the sicknesses as they did find evidence of medical records, but no point arguing over that as not only you will not accept it but it is totally irrelevant to the thread

Oh, sure they had:

After we had our chat about hitler and some simpelton approaches to explain - can we now return to the topic?

First of all the atomic bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki were not done by suicide bombers and nobdy involved was brainwashed. There was much debate about droping the atomic weapons on Japan at the highest levels of the U.S. government and Japan was given fair warning and clued in to the potential devestation of the Atomic bomb. When Japan replied that it would not surrender and that it would fight to the last man, then and only then was a decision reached about droping the bomb and the decision was reached because the invasion of the Japanese mainland would have lasted for years and reuslted 500,000-700,000 allied deaths and well over 2 million Japanese deaths not to mention the absolute destruction of most infrastructure and commerce in Japan. While the bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki were horrific, they pale in comparison to the devestation and death that an invasion of the Japanese mainland would have produced.

Begin removed ...

On a side note, when I was in Thailand shortly after the overthrow of the Taksin government I noticed that everywhere I traveled I saw T-shirts, bumperstickers, and even mudflaps on trucks that had pictures of Che Guevara. At the time I can remember telling myself that thais often would wear T-shirts with phrases in English that they had no idea what they meant so they likely didn't know who Che was, but now in hindsight I am beging to realize that perhaps they knew very well who Che was and what he represented and it was I who was naive about the potential undercurrent of revolution that was even at that time was fomenting throughout the countryside.

... end removed

Some of the more militant red-shirts are former communists with training in Vietnam in the 70s. Those know the value of Che. Others who were not communists in the 70s know why to abhor and despise Che. Just a matter of which side you're on.

The original red-shirt movement has been hijacked by ex-communists AND some landed 'elite' and k. Thaksin of course. All like power and money and put democracy only in the title to get rid of the tricky subject.

I hope k. Abhisit really gets a chance to reach out to the poor and under-privileged. He's a tight-rope walker with below him a cage of power/money hungry hyena's, left and right, any color.

Edited by rubl

Begin removed ...

On a side note, when I was in Thailand shortly after the overthrow of the Taksin government I noticed that everywhere I traveled I saw T-shirts, bumperstickers, and even mudflaps on trucks that had pictures of Che Guevara. At the time I can remember telling myself that thais often would wear T-shirts with phrases in English that they had no idea what they meant so they likely didn't know who Che was, but now in hindsight I am beging to realize that perhaps they knew very well who Che was and what he represented and it was I who was naive about the potential undercurrent of revolution that was even at that time was fomenting throughout the countryside.

... end removed

Some of the more militant red-shirts are former communists with training in Vietnam in the 70s. Those know the value of Che. Others who were not communists in the 70s know why to abhor and despise Che. Just a matter of which side you're on.

The original red-shirt movement has been hijacked by ex-communists AND some landed 'elite' and k. Thaksin of course. All like power and money and put democracy only in the title to get rid of the tricky subject.

I hope k. Abhisit really gets a chance to reach out to the poor and under-privileged. He's a tight-rope walker with below him a cage of power/money hungry hyena's, left and right, any color.

Rubl, I hope you are right and Abhisit can find a way to truely help those in the countryside and curry their favor. As far as Che and red shirt movement, I have a feeling that your views might be a little simplistic. When I traveled throughout Thailand after the military coup I didn't just see a couple T-shirts or bumperstickers here or there, I saw hundreds and saw them everywhere I went. I traveled down the eastern seaboard all the way to Trat, traveled to Ubon, Korat, Chiangmai, Chiangrai and many rural regions in between all these areas and I saw multitudes of Che's likeness everywhere I went. Now it is entirely possible that many of these thais sporting Che memorabilia did not know who Che was and what he represented (my initial instinct) but given the widespread use of these items with Che's likeness I am now in the camp that believes that they know very well who Che was and that they are fed up with being treated like second class citizens by the Thai elite (who are mostly in the yellow camp) in Bangkok. For the good of Thailand and its future, lets all hope that Abhisit makes the right decisions for the country as a whole and not just for his patrons!

First of all the atomic bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki were not done by suicide bombers and nobdy involved was brainwashed. There was much debate about droping the atomic weapons on Japan at the highest levels of the U.S. government and Japan was given fair warning and clued in to the potential devestation of the Atomic bomb. When Japan replied that it would not surrender and that it would fight to the last man, then and only then was a decision reached about droping the bomb and the decision was reached because the invasion of the Japanese mainland would have lasted for years and reuslted 500,000-700,000 allied deaths and well over 2 million Japanese deaths not to mention the absolute destruction of most infrastructure and commerce in Japan. While the bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki were horrific, they pale in comparison to the devestation and death that an invasion of the Japanese mainland would have produced.

Well, that is highly debatable and your 'version' of the history is one sided , narrow minded and pretty much influenced by some propaganda feed and what they told you at school. But the patriotic version of an American simpleton isn't valid everywhere else.

(of course that wasn't an act of a suicide bomber, but the comments i replied to were very far away from the OP.)

Agreed.

He does to some extent fit some of these descriptions.

But no he was never diagnosed with any of them.

'kuffki' timestamp='1287220729' post='3958867'

Oh, sure they had:

First of all the atomic bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki were not done by suicide bombers and nobody involved was brainwashed. There was much debate about dropping the atomic weapons on Japan at the highest levels of the U.S. government and Japan was given fair warning and clued in to the potential devastation of the Atomic bomb. When Japan replied that it would not surrender and that it would fight to the last man, then and only then was a decision reached about dropping the bomb and the decision was reached because the invasion of the Japanese mainland would have lasted for years and resulted in 500,000-700,000 allied deaths and well over 2 million Japanese deaths, not to mention the absolute destruction of most infrastructure and commerce in Japan. While the bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki were horrific, they pale in comparison to the devastation and death that an invasion of the Japanese mainland would have produced.

Agreed also,

in spite of a few biased modern revisionist historians pulling selected documents and trying to say they represent thinking across the board at that time. This description does fit the facts as understood for many decades.

The 2nd bombed was dropped because Japan's leaders STILL couldn't believe their own reports, and the repeated warnings to surrender, or it will be repeated, and continued the 'fight too the last man attitude'. Finally they understood and bowed to reality.

Was it horrific? Certainly. Was it likely the lesser of two evils? Much more likely still. The reconstruction of Japan was made quickly and benefited the Japanese people and the whole world, because of the lack of 'utter destruction' caused by a protracted invasion. As was clearly seen during the longer reconstruction of Germany after the protracted invasion there.

Doesn't stop some from hating Americans for things done by long dead leaders in different times. Then again some are still living angry about battles a millennium ago. No accounting for jingoist myopia.

Even in this age of communication.

Do we wish any of this madness on Thailand and the Thai people.

No, almost none do, and those that might are clearly brainwashed

Edited by animatic

Well, that is highly debatable and your 'version' of the history is one sided , narrow minded and pretty much influenced by some propaganda feed and what they told you at school. But the patriotic version of an American simpleton isn't valid everywhere else.

(of course that wasn't an act of a suicide bomber, but the comments i replied to were very far away from the OP.)

Sergei, This is not my version of history, it is simply the facts of what occured! If you want to see a simpleton with blinders on and conspiracy theories whirling around his cranium then might I suggest that you take a good long look in the mirror my friend :)

Sergei, This is not my version of history, it is simply the facts of what occured! If you want to see a simpleton with blinders on and conspiracy theories whirling around his cranium then might I suggest that you take a good long look in the mirror my friend :)

Well, i don't want deeply argue with you here.

First of all you are presenting a what if not story of a lot of assumption and guesswork to justify the droppings of the atomic bombs over Hiroshima and Nagasaki and not actually "simply the facts of what occured".

Second - No, 'your' version isn't the only valid one and to see it different (like to say it was wrong) isn't an obscure conspiracy theory.

Third - It was a war crime.

First of all the atomic bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki were not done by suicide bombers and nobody involved was brainwashed. There was much debate about dropping the atomic weapons on Japan at the highest levels of the U.S. government and Japan was given fair warning and clued in to the potential devastation of the Atomic bomb. When Japan replied that it would not surrender and that it would fight to the last man, then and only then was a decision reached about dropping the bomb and the decision was reached because the invasion of the Japanese mainland would have lasted for years and resulted in 500,000-700,000 allied deaths and well over 2 million Japanese deaths, not to mention the absolute destruction of most infrastructure and commerce in Japan. While the bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki were horrific, they pale in comparison to the devastation and death that an invasion of the Japanese mainland would have produced.

Agreed also,

in spite of a few biased modern revisionist historians pulling selected documents and trying to say they represent thinking across the board at that time. This description does fit the facts as understood for many decades.

The 2nd bombed was dropped because Japan's leaders STILL couldn't believe their own reports, and the repeated warnings to surrender, or it will be repeated, and continued the 'fight too the last man attitude'. Finally they understood and bowed to reality.

Was it horrific? Certainly. Was it likely the lesser of two evils? Much more likely still. The reconstruction of Japan was made quickly and benefited the Japanese people and the whole world, because of the lack of 'utter destruction' caused by a protracted invasion. As was clearly seen during the longer reconstruction of Germany after the protracted invasion there.

Doesn't stop some from hating Americans for things done by long dead leaders in different times. Then again some are still living angry about battles a millennium ago. No accounting for jingoist myopia.

The killing of a million Japs by the bombs was a good thing. Else a billion non-japs (Asian, Hawaiian, Australians, Oceania) will be killed.

If history repeats itself, the US will not regret, and certainly drop a hydrogen bomb in japan. This time, maybe Tokyo could be the target.

Sorry to say this, but Serve Them Right.

Agreed also,

The killing of a million Japs by the bombs was a good thing. Else a billion non-japs (Asian, Hawaiian, Australians, Oceania) will be killed.

If history repeats itself, the US will not regret, and certainly drop a hydrogen bomb in japan. This time, maybe Tokyo could be the target.

Such is the mindset of a pro-Thaksin supporter who is less funny than they like to think.

A bomb can be planted anywhere and the bomber can walk away to safety. It can be a no warning bomb or a called in bomb using a password.

A suicide bomber, on the other hand, doesn't target buildings or premises but crowds. These cowardly scum don't have enough gall to carry out such an attack, and if they did, where would it be placed?

I am sick and tired of the ranting,ravings and bleatings of these Red leaders.

Whilst one has to recognise the threat (to others) I would be happy to see these embicles kill themselves in their hundreds and thousands. They are nothing short of a bunch of misguided wan&kers and Thaiand and the world would be well free of them.

Edited by VictorOne

Well this could very well be untrue. back in march-may when alot of redshirt stuff was going on alot of the stuff in the news in different countries like the us was false. i was in chonburi at the time and my family wanted me to come home because the news said that everywhere in thailand was very dangerous which wasnt true at all. Also the yellow shirts control the media so you never know whats true.

Well this could very well be untrue. back in march-may when alot of redshirt stuff was going on alot of the stuff in the news in different countries like the us was false. i was in chonburi at the time and my family wanted me to come home because the news said that everywhere in thailand was very dangerous which wasnt true at all. Also the yellow shirts control the media so you never know whats true.

The yellow shirts MAY control the media in Thailand, but they don't control the media in the whole world.

Reports of all of Thailand being dangerous is because of two possible scenarios - 1) the reporting by the western correspondents was poor, or 2) the understanding by the western viewers / listeners / readers was poor.

It wasn't because of the Thai media, whoever it might be controlled by.

Such is the mindset of a pro-Thaksin supporter who is less funny than they like to think.

More like to mindset of a moron, nothing to do with k. Thaksin.

More like to mindset of a moron, nothing to do with k. Thaksin.

More like a persiflage of a moron mindset, demonstrating how far out and stupid the attempt to justify the atomic bombing is.

I can safely say Mr Thaksin OWN red shirts since the beginning.

It's not the the red campaign is hi-jacked. It's just higher level of violence when their demands are repeatly ignored.

I do think it'll get worse much like other class-conflict in other country.

Adhisit has a chance to reconcile Thailand ? I hardly think so, I hope though.

If he can take care of those militants at the same time reaching out to the poor. May be he will.

But again, his party members seem to go opposite way, pretty much like Pueathai morons.

Look at this for what it is....

"... "I heard that the red-shirt people hate the government so much that they will sacrifice their life for democracy," Somyos said."

This is nothing but hearsay and this asshol_e is doing the subliminal 'plant' to some of the many misguided reds who now may think "why not?". Be the first, be a martyr. Be known in your non entity life and a hero in your village.

Somyos needs to be put down now for inciting such atrocities "yet" to be committed. What an arrogant imbecile and such a dangerous statement. angry.gifangry.gifangry.gif

And if he 'heard' it - state the source....

Not sure of "red suicide bombers" becoming a reality. But then again I do remember a number of reds stating they wanted to die during the takeover of BKK .... this included some old women who didn't want to go to the temple when the authorities moved in.

However, I could see Red leaders giving some of their followers a backpack to deliver to somebody which, unknowingly to the follower, contains a bomb.

What a good idea to gain additiional support.

Join us a become a suicide bomber :blink:

You have got to love these guys that come away with these statements.

I know the level of education is pretty low in Thailand but because someone can't spell or count doesn't mean their brain doesn't work

They can certainly work out what happens when you strap TNT round your waist and press the red button.

Not a bad way of driving supporter away by going public making nutty statements like that.

And they want to take over the running of the country.

Gawd help Thailand if they do.