Nice Quiet Beaches For A Day Trip

corkman

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone could recommend a nice quiet beach within easy distance of Bangkok..... no further than Hua Hin, or not too far past Pattaya?

It would be nice to go to a beach where you don't get approached by hawkers every 30 seconds (as per Pattaya beach), and can enjoy the sound of the sea without the constant passing of those bloody anonoying tour buses - you know the multi-coloured thai tour bus convoy with thumping thai music (as per Cha-am).

It doesn't need to be pristine deserted dessert Island island stuff....... just nice, clean, and relatively peaceful for me, the Mrs. and our little girl (4yr old).

Many thanks in advance.

My local beach is phala beach, between u-tapao airport and ban chang, nice and quiet, clean, mainly locals, plenty of trees and some umbrellas set up with no one trying to sell you anything. the water/sand is good for children.

Sai-Keaw Beach is near Pattaya City.

If you come to Pattaya, Sai-Keaw Beach is the one place to visit. It's not far from Bangkok.

Had Sai Kaew is approximately 20-30 minutes drive from Jomtien along the Sumkumvit Road towards Sattahip/Rayong,

The naval base quite rightly charges a small fee to enter this beautiful well kept beach. This area will delight all that visit, the turquoise clear water rolling up gently against the beach and the charming service and views out to the ocean will calm and delight you.

Watch this YouTube video slideshow:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3c6ycTacPTo?version=3

"Sai-keaw Beach" Sattahip Chonburi

sattahip001.jpg Sai Keaw Beach Sattahip Naval Base, Chumphon Navy Rating School and Navy Recruit Training Center

For more info, pictures and videos see: http://thaitrump.blogspot.com/

The information about Sai Kaew Beach is near the end of the page.

Edited by BB1950

I can recommend Koh Si Chang island. Takes around 2.5 hrs from Ekkamai bus terminal to there. You need to take off in Sri Ratcha town at Robinson then take tuk-tuk (50 Baht) to the pier then a boat 40 min and you are there. There is only 1 decent beach on the island and lots of sights to see like temples, monsteries. This island is popular among Thais mostly. There is no night life on the island. Just pure relaxation.

Lived in Bang Chang Sattahip area for 3 years.

Most times on the beaches from there down to Rayong I have swam in a mesh of plastic bags. And with the industries pushing all their noxious chemicals out around that area, Map Ta Phut, I would not recommend it for any one, especially kids. Ok if you don’t go in the water. Great restaurant going left before the navy base outside of Sattihip. I think the locals call it bikini beach

Cha-am Hua Hin much better

Hi,

I would second Koh Sichang.

It takes me about one and a half hours to get to the ferry pier in Siracha and then about 40 minutes on the ferry.

The ferry is around 40 Baht.

Very good clean beaches, no hawkers or jet skis and there is plenty of good food available.

I usualy go to Tham Phang as it has easier access and my kids love the place.

There is a web site about the island at www.ko-sichang.com

If you go, I hope that you enjoy the place.

Regards,

Tiger.

Edited by tonytigerbkk