Us Marrage Certificate

Ok going for 1 year extention . We have our marrage certificate from thw US showing we were married 6 years ago . Translated the certificate into Thai sent both to Ministrey of Foreign Affairs with all the copies and forms and funds they requested . We go it back today saying it needed to be first certified by the country issing country . Now I am told the US consulate does not do that .. Can someone tell me where to do that or what I need to do ... This is getting crazy.......

The best that you can do is go to the U.S. Consulate, Wireless Road, Bangkok and get a Marriage Affidavit. You will provide the details of your marriage, sworn under oath, and they will notarize/certify said affidavit. Cost $50.00 or equivalent baht. The affidavit then should be translated into Thai and certified by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

Edited by InterestedObserver

The best that you can do is go to the U.S. Consulate, Wireless Road, Bangkok and get a Marriage Affidavit. You will provide the details of your marriage, sworn under oath, and they will notarize/certify said affidavit. Cost $50.00 or equivalent baht. The affidavit then should be translated into Thai and certified by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

That's not a "consulate" on Wireless road..that is The US Embassy.

( petty I know, but there is a big difference )

That's not a "consulate" on Wireless road..that is The US Embassy.

( petty I know, but there is a big difference )

FYI, the affidavit is done at the ACS, the American Citizens Services section of the U.S. Embassy's CONSULATE there at 95 Wireless Road. The actual EMBASSY is across Wireless Road, 120 I think it is.

(sort of a "repetty, I guess)

Mac

YO! I amused with all the banter and nerry a naibob has mention that you need to make an apointment on line...

Hint Hint , go to the U.S. Embassy site for BKK and click to Amercan Cit Services!

I have made many but let me make room for some non naibob info to be chimed into this post ( check the notorial services box and go right to the window upon arrival DO NOT take a number)! If you come early that's ok.. They like to keep the que moving! Other tips, travel light, and bring an extra ID as you need to have that when they park you mobile...no phones inside.

NO NEED TO LURK ON WIRELESS GO DIRECTLY TO THE FRONT OF THE LINE MY DEAR FELLOW YANK! JUST SHOW THE SECUTIRY GUARD THE FROM COVER OF YOUR PASSPORT AND ON YOU MOVE. FELL BETTER ONCE IN, SHOULD AS YOU ARE NOW TECHNICALLY ON U.S. SOIL! TIS LOVELY SERVICE!

Have a gander at all the folks in the other room Tons.. BTW, the big envleope that most have in hand is an chest Xray. A few of those chests are hightly xrayable, since I'm superman I do that all the time!

Another tip once inside the US consulate. You fill out the form to be notarized, take to the window and will get a chit to take to cashier to pay the fee. DO NOT go to the main cashier area with the big mob of people. There is a small cashier window to the left of the US citizens service windows. Pay them then go back to the service window, give them the receipt and wait to be called (very short or no wait).