Thailand's PM Abhisit Tough On Suvarnabhumi Airport Graft Scandal

webfact

So sad :blink::angry:

Can there ever be peace in thailand :ph34r::blink::(

As long as the truth is not constantly being covered up I believe so.

Don't be sad!

Thailand has had political problems for the last 80 years or more and nothing will change soon.

I expect Red shirt yellow shirt thing will go on for a long long time, probably at least 10 years.

What you have to do is just ignore it , like most Thias do and you will have a happy time in Thailand

That's what I keep saying to myself anway untill I log on to TV

Nothing serious is going to happen but Thailand will probably remain a 3rd World for some time to come which is a petty.

I know what I know from Thais and not from Wikipedia.

Why would Samak also make the claim that only 1 person died??

He was after all in charge of the operation at the time.

Did he have a bad memory?

I am actually happy they have updated the quota to something more realistic.

You are way out of line and somehow I think you know it. So here some from Thammasat students

http://www.asiamedia...?parentid=87178

Ok not going to pursue the matter any more and take back my comments as being false at this moment in time.

As I recall, I received the information just before Samak became PM it was actually from anti Samak people i.e. Thai Democrats

I will however make some personal investigation just to confirm the information is wrong.

Are we discussing about the airport here?

I think you may have quoted the wrong post or are you saying those who were killed were armed?

By the way there was no massacre in 1976 as the official death toll still remains at 1 person.

Quoted right post, still visible. As for the official death toll in October 1976 being 1, you probably quote the late k. Samak who said something like that in a interview in 2008 while still PM with the PPP behind him. Wikipedia lists an official death toll of 46, some Thai families are still trying to find out where the others are.

Now 1976 was a slaughter, wikipedia says "By the official count, forty-six people died in the attack, during which protesters were shot, beaten and their bodies mutilated". All in a single day !

Well it seems Wikipedia has now been updated!! now go ask a Thai how many people were officially killed according to Thai news and government at the time. I have heard from several people that the official death toll was 1.

But anyways its besides the point

Didn't answer the second question were those killed carrying weapons?

I do recall one man was carrying a flagpole does that count as a weapon?

Remember there were something like 70,000 security personnel in Bangkok at the time, including some working undercover even as protesters.

So why on Earth are they not able to show some conclusive evidence to what went on!!

Just to reiterate I have no doubt there were some armed protesters my question is were any of those killed carrying weapons?

You insult many Thais with your very inappropriate remarks and blatant lies about October 1976. Furthermore you insult yourself, playing stupid.

You're not much better than friend Random who also tries to insinuate there was slaughter in Bangkok recently.

Disgusting.

Very much agreed.

Amazing that even Samak has his defenders of his blatant lies here:

Warning: Video contains graphic depictions of more than 1 dead.

Edited by Buchholz

As long as the truth is not constantly being covered up I believe so.

Good. This finally matches with your "Ok not going to pursue the matter any more and take back my comments as being false at this moment in time."

Enough said, now back to the OP on Suvarnabhumi Airport Graft Scandal.

I know what I know from Thais and not from Wikipedia.

Why would Samak also make the claim that only 1 person died??

He was after all in charge of the operation at the time.

Did he have a bad memory?

I am actually happy they have updated the quota to something more realistic.

You are way out of line and somehow I think you know it. So here some from Thammasat students

http://www.asiamedia...?parentid=87178

monkfish - that's really disrespectful. I hope you are proud of yourself. Don't bother replying to me, I have put you on the ignore list.