Aeroflot To Commence Direct Flights To Phuket

Xircal

The Russians are still a fresh and gullible market. When one is faced with a cold damp Russian winter, the beach in Patong even if filthy and contaminated with sewage looks like paradise. Russians haven't been as abused as the western markets yet, so they are going to be easy pickings at first. . However, I don't think the Thais of Phuket fully understand that you can't mistreat a Russian in quite the same way as an Australian or Western European. The Russians won't put up with crap and will respond in ways not seen before. The influx might not be so bad, although I do wish they'd give the Russians a pamphlet on the do's and don'ts of tourist life. For example, don't cut infront of my line at Carrefour and carry on like it's ok.

Pros:

- Try to scam or ripoff a Russian and there will be hel_l to pay.

- More visitors that Phuket can use to extract extra tourist $$$.

- Thais might think twice about scamming farangs after their first Russian encounter.

Cons:

- Generally rude and inconsiderate people, very loud in restaurants or using handphones.

- Heavy drinkers and ready to brawl or get behind the wheel without reservation.

- Thais might further classify all farangs as beasts or animals after their first Russian encounter.