"Expert Visa"

I was just looking over some things and noticed the "Expert" classificationi on residency visas. Does anybody have any experience to share on doing things that way? I see the education requirements and that is no issue with me. I was wondering if a Job in Thailand is needed, what level of sponsorship and from who, etc might be needed, and things like that

Thanks

I also have requisite credentials however:

1) The description of the 'EX' visa is "... issued to those performing skilled or expert work."

2) The requirements at various places in Police Order 777/2551 for basis of extension are onerous (in my case for NGO)

... decided to stick with my old 'B' and extension based upon retirement.

You can extend a temporary permission stay based on case 2.15 cited below, but is seems that you can only do this for 90 days at a time.

This seems more appropriate for some one who is here to run training courses for Thais.

Rules in the Consideration of Alien Applications for Temporary Stay in the Kingdom of Thailand according to clause 2 of the order of the Royal Thai Police Headquarters no. 777/2551 dated on 25 November B.E.2551

Case

2.15 In the case of a skilled worker or expert in medicine, nursing or other professional for transfer of technology and knowledge to Thais:

Permission will be granted for a period of not more than 90 days at a time.

Basis for Consideration

(1) The alien has obtained a temporary visa (NON-IM).

(2) Confirmation and request has been made by the organization or agency concerned.

There are no residency visas. Are you talking about permenent residency?

Yes. I was referring to a Residency Permit.

http://www.thaivisa.com/300.0.html

Make your self a hot drink and start reading here!

Camerata's Guide to permanent residence

This thread has a huge amount of information on this issue.

Hot drink? I think a cold barley soup would be appropriate. The thread features 40 pages by now...

• 4 weeks later...

There are no residency visas. Are you talking about permenent residency?

Yes. I was referring to a Residency Permit.

http://www.thaivisa.com/300.0.html

Make your self a hot drink and start reading here!

Camerata's Guide to permanent residence

This thread has a huge amount of information on this issue.

Hot drink? I think a cold barley soup would be appropriate. The thread features 40 pages by now...

I don't think the expert category offers any advantage over the regular employment category. You still need to have been working (as an expert) in Thailand for at least 3 full calendar years. It is also not clear what the definition of an expert is. I think it is probably a redundant provision that no one has ever got around to deleting.