Speech To Speech Translators

jayinoz

Looking at the new Speech to speech translators, as they are amazing to talk English into it then it comes out as Thai.

It looks like this techo is far better than a couple of years ago. Naturally text to speech has been around for sometime but speech to speech seems amazing to me.

I tried one out in Aussie and it very accurate now- specialized Thai modules make the tones 100% correct. Could save a fortune on translators.

Plus some have scanners to connect to the unit- you scan the Thai text and it translates to English text or simply reads it to you.

How amazing is this- reminds me of Star Trek Universal translators- only a matter of time- Lol. Yet translators will always be needed for the more subtle words or expressions I believe. If simply social, travel, non very important tasks then can take over from translators. As the google translator is no good, yet it getting better the more people contribute to it. It was a joke earlier this year, now it OKish. You can still tell when Thai use google translate very easily. The pro programs are a lot more advanced. IMO.

But what is considered the best on the market, regardless of price. I cannot find any comparisons or reviews. I like the ones that you can add language modules to it- like Chinese if heading over there. It rare to see Cambodian, LOAS, the smaller nations however.

Plus these things seem to escalate your speed in learning the language or languages.

Who has one and what is considered the best? What did you pay?

Many of the best professional biz ones seem over $1000- quite expensive.

Any web links would be appreciated.

Cheaper in Thai or import from US, etc...

Cheers Jay

:jap:

Found a few good models... Spoke many sentences of English in this handheld device and out come the Thai in a perfect tone.

Comes with 14000 phrases and 150000 words to translate Thai to English and vice versa.

Great for learning also... speak it- hear it- see it on a color handheld in both Thai and English.

Best thing is you can add different language modules to the unit- rans on Windows CE handheld device.

Not a fortune- approx $400... sounds great- ordered one and looking forward to receiving the 13 languages I orderred from USA soon.

Nothing in Thai shops seemed to compare to this- ended up testing out a lawyers unit that he purchased 2 years ago for $1500. Now $400... I guess in a year they $200- who knows.