Adobe Reader Phishing Attempt

Xircal

My SPAM filter identified the email I received this morning as belonging to that catergory, possibly a phishing attempt even. The headers certainly seem to confirm that fact. I've removed my own email address obvious reasons which is why you see blank spaces in the image, but I've included a picture of the contents of the mail before deleting it. The grammar used is also incorrect i.e. "This is to remind..." instead of "This is a reminder..."

Adobe's real URL is http://get2.adobe.com/reader/ not adobe-software-download.com

The SPAM filter I use is called Mailwasher which allows you to read the contents of an email and its headers without the need to download it to your own machine first. There's also a freebie version available @ http://www.mailwasher.net/

post-101376-084481100 1287295000_thumb.p

Even without this issue better get rid of Adobe Reader and change it for Foxit Reader, the Adobe version is crap, way too heavy and slow, eats all your CPU opening a PDF cost an hour and easily makes your system freeze. Foxit is a very light program and superfast, and after uninstalling Adobe you will be suprised how many free GB's you get back on your harddisk.

Edited by bangkokcitylimits

Adobe itself is also guilty of filling your maibox full of shit about new products. - Along with a few other copanies.too. This is why i don't register products anymore as they think it is okay to be as annoying as Indian Tailors in Pattaya for pestering you.