Amazon And Kindle

gennisis

I ordered the Kindle on 14th...was shipped on the 15th...and arrived today 18th via DHL at 11am.

Plugged it it to charge the battery....noticed that it had already found a wireless signal. I am in Chiang Mai.

The packaging was very good and secure....quite excellent.

So now to download some recent books that I want.....but will still be relying on Gecko Books for the rest....so General you havnt lost a customer !!

My Kindle bit the dust last week, and I leave for an extended business trip tomorrow.  I called up Amazon, and after a few connections, they had me hang up so they could call me back on their  dime.

My new Kindle arrived in three days.  Now I just have to ship back the old one.

Things go wrong,  It is a fact of life.  But I judge a company on what they do to fix a problem, and Amazon came through on this.

Good to hear. Were there any customs or import taxes to be paid on arrival?

No...all paid for in the total cost.

Can I ask: what model and how much total? :)

It was the Wi Fi latest model $139. I paid for a leather case....a bit pricy at $34 I thought...but it will protect the thing and it does fit well. Transit and duties paid to Amazon were$58.

Thats my christmas present to myself!!

Well done gennisis.

I've got the older model but am still pretty happy with it. I've already got about 150 volumes on it, many of which cost nothing or next-to-nothing.

I agree that the leather case is a bit pricey but the one I've got is very well made and will last for years.

I hope you enjoy your kindle as much as I have enjoyed mine.

Do you have to pay for the book downloads or are you getting them for free? For now, I'm just using my netbook and reading downloads off a variety of sources. I've considered a Kindle, but don't want to pay to read the books....cheap charlie!

Do you have to pay for the book downloads or are you getting them for free? For now, I'm just using my netbook and reading downloads off a variety of sources. I've considered a Kindle, but don't want to pay to read the books....cheap charlie!

If you set up an account with Amazon you can get plenty of books for nothing or for a dollar or two. Other sites, as noted above, offer loads of free stuff.

I know that means actually paying for books but for me I have gotten some real classics which I would pay big bucks for in a bookshop for next to nothing.

Plus, as you have pointed out, you can download to your computer without having to buy a Kindle if you don't mind looking at a bright screen for hours at a time.