Change Tourist To Non-Ed?

I totally concur with the previous post(s). ..

Normally the paperwork you are issued (especially from a private thai language school) by the Ministry of Education is addressed to the Thai Embassy or Consulate, (of which there are none inside thailand), and NOT like the paperwork you receive when you enroll for continuing education in a real university which is addressed to Thai Immigrations (which is ONLY inside thailand).

I've tried several times to convert both 60 day Tourist Visas, and Non-Immigrant visas into ED visas at both Changwattana and at Jomtien for people to attend a private thai language school, but no dice. Each time the acquaintance was told to leave the country and secure a Single entry 90 day Non-Immigrant Type ED visa from a thai embassy.

In fact I just looked over the files I have of scanned paperwork from former acquaintances regarding ED visas and ALL of the Ministry of Education paperwork from each school (about 8 or 9 different private thai language schools in all) are addressed to the Thai Embassy or Consulate and not a single one is addressed to Thai Immigrations.

Hope it helps. ..

Edited by tod-daniels