Fiancee Visa Uk

Hi,

I have recently emailed VFS regarding what type of visa I need for a UK finacee visa, and they have reponded that they cannot advise, but have given the following guideline.

Guidline from VFS

In brief, if applicant wishes to get married and then settle in the UK, they may apply for a fiancée visa. If applicant wishes to marry in the UK, but do not intend to settle there, they may apply for a visit for marriage visa. For information on application forms, including the documents required, visa fees, application tracking or any other visa related enquiries, please visit our website.

My Question is:

I have checked the VFS website but cannot see a visa which says fiancée visa , Please could anybody advise which visa we need to complete.

Many Thanks

Dave

If you want to go to UK, get married, and then leave, you are effectively a visitor to the UK, so you need to apply for a " marriage- visit ". You will be expected to leave the UK within six months. A "fiance(e)" visa, however, is considered to be a settlement visa, as there is no requirement to leave the UK after marriage. You would, after marriage, be able to apply for Further Leave To Remain in the UK, which you cannot do with a mariage-visit visa.