Tv Repairer In Bangkok

nilster

My two year old 40" samsung dont want to work anymore. I found from forums that many people have same problem and its quite easy to fix. Only replace 4 capacitors. So where to find some soldering workshop from BKK? Or capacitors mentioned here: "Because the Samsung LNS4051D would not turn on and the power LED would blink 4 times and the relay would click and this would repeat again and again. I replaced power supply board parts CM806, 811, 812 & 817, all 1000 uf 10v capacitors, three had their tops bulged up slightly that I missed on initial visual inspection. After seeing the reports of problems with these caps on http://www.fixya.com/support/t1336881-will_not_turn_or_off , I replaced them with Radio Shack part 272-1032, 1000 uf, 35v. They are slightly bigger, but fit OK. TV is working fine now. Cost was 4 x $1.59 = $6.36 plus the time"http://www.fixya.com/support/t1336881-will_not_turn_or_off

I remember somebody else here on the TV forums asked exactly the same question in the past few months.

I am not sure if he was in BKK or Pattaya, but he did end up getting a fix.

I had the same problem with my Samsung in Issan and took it to the local TV guy in the nearby town with a set of diagrams that I bought off the net and he was able to sort it for me for a few hundred baht even though he had to do more than just replace the capacitors.

Ty for answer! Ill try to find that Pattaya guys topic. How much you paid for you diagrams? And where did you bought those? I found only this place https://www.manualsparadise.com/. And they didnt have manual with my exact model number. 

This is what they have:

LA40A550P1RXXL

LA40A550P1RXXM

and my model is LA40A550P1RXXT

I dont know is there any difference between those 3 models because only last letter is different, but I dont want to pay 25 bucks for wrong manual.

Ty for answer! Ill try to find that Pattaya guys topic. How much you paid for you diagrams? And where did you bought those? I found only this place https://www.manualsparadise.com/. And they didnt have manual with my exact model number.

This is what they have:

LA40A550P1RXXL

LA40A550P1RXXM

and my model is LA40A550P1RXXT

I dont know is there any difference between those 3 models because only last letter is different, but I dont want to pay 25 bucks for wrong manual.

I cannot remember where I bought the diagrams or how much I paid, but I do know where they are stored on my hard drive, so if you PM me an email address, I will forward them to you. I hope your model is the same as mine, but the diagrams I have do a number of models. I think the final letter differences are minor regarding on screen languages etc and do not effect the actual PSU board where the problem is

Edited by thaimite

PM sent.

I rarely even watch TV but want to get this thing fixed asap. Home feels creepy quiet if TV is not on all the time :)

Got it

Will send the info in an hour or so when I get home from work (currently working outside Thailand). You might like to PM bluesmith as he was the other member in Rayong who had a similar problem

This is amazing. I found several TV workshops with google maps. And I called 7 nearest to me (I live in Asok) they only said that "no, we dont fix TV:s.."

I hope you got the diagrams OK and they were what you needed

Sorry to hear your trouble finding a TV repair shop in BKK. I can always recommend one in Issan with experience:D

Edited by thaimite

Thank you so much! I go sleep now and continue this episode tomorrow. But Rayong is little bit too far from BKK. If someone knows TV-repairer in Bangkok, please post here.

Amorn. Top floor [at back] Fortune Tower. An oasis of competence.

Thank you for tip! I went to Fortune Town Amorn today with power supply of my TV. I asked them to change all 1000nf 10V capacitors to 1000nf 25V. Ten minutes after work was done. Total cost was 500 baht (for farang :D ), I didn't try to argue about it. Now my Samsung is like new!

post-52156-019290400 1288277182_thumb.jp

post-52156-040535900 1288277226_thumb.jp

post-52156-007326500 1288277295_thumb.jp

post-52156-002047900 1288277370_thumb.jp

I hope this topic will help someone with same problem.