2Nd Uk Visitor Visa

Hi,

my girlfriend is about 3 months into a 6 month UK visitor visa. She was given the all clear until Jan 20th 2011. I'm thinking now that i'd like to go to Thailand in December. Have to use hols before 31 Dec. Work rules unfortunately. :angry:

If she comes back to Thailand 1 month before her current UK visitor visa expires and I want to apply for a new 6 month visitor visa

for her to come back with me in January, is it likely to be allowed?

Is there a need to wait x months between visitor visa's to the UK?

Will there be a problem applying for a new visitor visa before the old one expires? Do we need to cancel it?

Many Thanks

-J

Here is the guidance however it is only that but you will need to convince the ECO the visit is genuine.

VAT1.5 Frequency and duration of visits

There is no restriction on the number of visits a person may make to the UK nor any requirement that a specified time must elapse between successive visits, The fact that a person has made a series of visits with only brief intervals between them would not, in absence of any other relevant factors, constitute sufficient grounds for refusal.

It is reasonable, however, for the ECO to consider the stated purpose of the visit in the light of the length of time that has elapsed since previous visits. A visitor should not, for example, normally spend more that 6 out of any 12 months in the UK.

VAT1.5 Frequency and duration of visits

This has been done to death many times, the last being here.

Basically, although there is no hard and fast rule, your girlfriend will need to show that she is a genuine visitor with a genuine need to spend so much time in the UK as a visitor and is not attempting to use another visit visa to circumvent the settlement rules so she can live in the UK with you.