A Cheap Cold Beer On The Balcony

Firefan

I tend to agree but if we are talking the CHEAPIE level of those I presume that: Chang, Archa, Leo, Beer Thai (any beer Laos?) are then the list we have composed? Any others we can think of? Cheers!

Wow! there's just so many to choose from in this land of goods and services variety. Why in the grocery store just the other day I saw over 75 brands of cheap beer.

The line up (in no particular order) looks like: Leo, Archa, Chang, Blue Ice, Beer Thai (Any other in the B 20/can level?).

Needless to say that super-cheapies will buy in bottles as much better value overall. Cheers!

I'm not sure if it's my imagination but I think canned beer has a "tinny" taste to it.

Hear, hear. A world-wide problem that has yet to be solved.

I like Leo. But recently have been drinking Blue Ice. alot smoother than Leo. But one beer that you dont get verywher but is way better thahn the lot is Red Horse. Try it if you see it. About 6.8 but doesnt taste like it. Very smooth. IMO

Could not agree more about the Blue Ice Jockstar, very smooth, does not taste acidy, and no more expensive than Singha I am off to a restaurant to eat where I know they sell it, They even have a "Blue Ice" girl there :D Its my birthday tomorrow and as I have just had a Morphine Jab I feel good but I may not feel as good tomorrow, so Make Hay while the Sun Shines as they say :D

I HATE Leo though

Chang gets me drunk way to fast (but will do in an emergency)

Singha is OK so is Heineken, can take them or leave them

Cheers Cheers

:o:D:D

TP

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I drank Singha for many years and finally got tired of the lousy bitter taste. Now I drink Tiger. I'm waiting for San Michael to come on the market. I tried Blue Ice, but too strong, no way Red Horse. In Bansaen it's 35THB for a small beer at a house shop and 600THB a case.

In Bangkok, I drink normally at Cheap Charlie's it's 50THB any kind of beer. I think Chang is 40THB.

Edited by bangsaen bob

leo was my favourite for a couple of years then I just got sick of it moved onto heineken and then when Tiger was released I moved to that.

in the local 7-11 they only had one tray for it in the fridge after a couple of weeks me and my mate must have spiked the consumption table for sales of beer by emptying the tray everyday( 6 bottles i think) in the end we got upto 3 trays with Tiger on ! our master plan was to convert the whole fridge ! a wee bit ambitious but bloody good fun trying!