Resize A Scan Possible ?

miodo2009

I think you may need to elaborate a little more. Do you simply want to reduce the total file size ? Do you want to change the format the file is saved as ? What format is it saved as now ? It will help people with suggestions on how to help. Cheers Dunc

Not an answer to the question, but related to scanning:

When I upgraded to Windows 7, my ancient scanner no longer performed. There's a fix using Windows Virtual PC, but I found a better and equally good fix:

I take digital photos of my documents. I've now done this for an insurance claim, bank transfer info, request for a new credit card, and with a military-retiree related issue. The different agencies accepted my signed statements just as they would a scanned copy of a signed document.

There's a very good graphics program that is absoutely free. It's called Paint.Net. You can download it from a lot of different download sites. It will resize the image by physical size or bit size, Expand or shrink the size. However, be aware that when you make an image larger, it cab become grainy. It will also allow you to change the image format. It supports most graphic formats.

Edited by BB1950

There's a very good graphics program that is absoutely free. It's called Paint.Net. You can download it from a lot of different download sites. It will resize the image by physical size or bit size, Expand or shrink the size. However, be aware that when you make an image larger, it cab become grainy. It will also allow you to change the image format. It supports most graphic formats.

Alternatively you could use "paint" that comes with windows.

Do you have photoshop?

Be Careful when resizing the dimensions of the image only to reduce filesize - you do still want the scan to be readable, right?

If you have Photoshop, better to save for web, gif restrictive if B&W or very few colours.

Then put it into Acrobat Pro, optimise and make compatible with Acrobat 4 or later. This will give you markable file size reduction and retain readability.