Ais Problems This Morning?

RogerL

I am on AIS using wireless modem. I am trying to get regularly listened to or viewed audio (podcasts)and vidio on computer this morning. It appears the feeds stop and reset after about only 20% of the feed comes across. Anyone else having this problem with AIS. We are located near Thaphae Gate.

I have the WiFi router. I have been having problems for almost 2 months. It is getting worse almost by the day. I have to reload pages constantly because it just stops.

They sent someone to sit in front of my house and test the signal and I haven't heard from them since. (It's been a couple weeks)

My opinion: They have oversold; the have sold 7.2 mbps speeds, which takes the bandwidth of two customers; there is questions of what they will do because of licensing.

I have had the problems with declining service with every broadband service provider I have used in Chiang Mai for some years.

MSPain

Edited by hml367

~

Welcome to Thailand, eh? I have been here over nine years and have yet to find ANY reliable/consistent provider.

As of now I am on TOT (again) and it has been a nightmare for almost a month. We call and call and they say that there is a problem with connecting outside of Thailand which seems a reasonable excuse since my speeds to BKK are exactly what I am paying for. Unfortunately, 99% of my work/desired access is international.

I am with HML367 in that as demand for broadband increases, providers sell services beyond their capability to provide and the folks paying the lowest prices are moved ever-downward into lines that are jammed with masses of people.

The only thing we have found that works is to call them so often when your service is terrible that you become a thorn in their side. The people who answer the phones at TOT now recognize my wife's voice and refer to her by name! She calls, they put us on hold for two minutes or less, say "try it now" and our service is good for about two weeks until they move us down into the pits of mass usage again.

The old adage, "The squeaky wheel gets the grease" applies BIG-TIME here as does paying the higher bucks to get the service you want. The "promotions" are cool and cheap but DO expect to get what you pay for..

Good luck.

Dusting off...