Hi guys I have about 6000 pounds in my account, god knows where its all gone. I have it saved with Santander in Uk but they give hardly any interest on it. I still want to keep it as an account I can witdraw from with no risk but perhaps a higher interest...? Can anyone give me some advice

Bank of Ayudyah have just closed something that might pop again, keep your eyes peeled. It was 2.5% for 50,000bts plus for 9 months, I could not get cash in time to take up the offer. Interest rates are appauling at the moment. Skipton offered me 2.7% last summer for a 1 year bond, down from 3.7 the year before, just have to keep looking and be ready to strike if you see something good. I am just about to come to the end of the 3rd year of 4 with an Halifax Isa I bunged 14K away at 6.27 for 4 years, hoping that things will be picking up when I matures in 2012.:D

mmm cool guys.

Ill look at moneysupermarket and see what comes up.

If I put say 5000g for a year, how much roughly do you think Ill get back...? At the moment doesnt really seem worth it.

Anyway Ill keep looking :-)

5000g at 3% will earn you 150,000 over the course of a year. If however you drop the "g" you can expect to earn a whopping great 150!

INGdirect are giving 2.7%AER gross on their account....put in and take out when you want, interest paid monthly and rate is guaranteed till 09/04/2011.....Nationwide is giving a 1 year fixed tracker bond at 1.75%-2% above base rate....unless you want to tie in for 3-5 years you wont get better...use your ISA allowance at £5,100 cash a year...although a lot of ISAs are paying base rate or just above....just remember, rates can go up as quickly as they came down, and a few members of the BOE are already pushing for rate rises as inflation is taking hold...

mmm quite confused about that last posy, perhaps I wasnt clear,

I meant 5000 pounds, gbp,

Just came across an HSBC UK one year fixed rate at 3% (gross) onshore, 90 days loss of interest is you withdraw your money before the end of the one year term. Not a bad option if you want to hedge your bets that rates may rise in the next year and most observers are suggesting we'll see two rate increases (up to 1.0% base) by November 2011. You want get much better than 3% currently and James, that'll earn you £150 a year on your £5,000.