Best Omelette In Pattaya?

fxm88

I don't think I've had a really good omelette in Pattaya, but you might want to try the Baywatch Cafe on Beach Road near Soi Pattayaland. They offer a 3 egg omelette with choice of 2 toppings (I chose chicken and cheese), with fried potatoes and toast for 95 baht. They place the cheese on top instead of melting it, hard to find good cheese in LOS. Again, not what I'd call a good omelette, but a little better than the thai-style omelettes they serve here.

Kai Yaat Sai

Wife fixes me great omelets at home far from Thailand. I did not find anyplace on our last trip to LOS that packs them with what I like- cheese, mushrooms, ground pork sausage, garlic, onions, tomatoes, bell pepper, paak chee/cilantro, and pineapple. I know that sound like too much for most of you but it is oh so good... She insist that it be called kai yaat sai so maybe if you ask for that and explain what you want in it you can find the kind of omelet you are looking for. :o

Opposite Penthouse is Cafe New Orleans.

This fantastic restaurant has been around for 9 years and is always re-inventing its menu. The owner is an American and has obviously dined at Denny's, and the Pancake House many times. If you want a real American omlet, go there.

Their French Fries and Home Fries with a Chedder Cheese Omlet is fantastic.

This fantastic restaurant has been around for 9 years and is always re-inventing its menu.  The owner is an American and has obviously dined at Denny's, and the Pancake House many times.  If you want a real American omlet, go there. 

I've never had such poor service anywhere in Thailand. Not just once, but maybe a dozen times over the past six years. Never again.

This is the guy who also owns all the crappy go-go's in the same soi - used to be All Girls, Rodeo, Lipstick, Planet Rock and Bubbles. Renamed them a few months ago - said it was a legal problem. To me it was probably a word-of-mouth problem.

I've never had such poor service anywhere in Thailand. Not just once, but maybe a dozen times over the past six years. Never again.

Humphrey - I had the same experiance..

They used to have a rib buffet a couple of years ago, we ate and they seemed to be disturbed of us orderinag a seccond plate of ribs. If you have this kind of offer, be prepared of customers eating.. Disturbed but not shaken. Have not been there since.

Cheers

I've never tried an omelette at New Orleans, but their weekend all u can eat baby back ribs are the best value in town. I have 2 or 3 plates, lean with tangy bbq sauce. I go there many times, Steve the owner is a great guy who is very involved in local charities.

I don't think I've had a really good omelette in Pattaya, but you might want to try the Baywatch Cafe on Beach Road near Soi Pattayaland.  They offer a 3 egg omelette with choice of 2 toppings (I chose chicken and cheese), with fried potatoes and toast for 95 baht.  They place the cheese on top instead of melting it, hard to find good cheese in LOS.  Again, not what I'd call a good omelette, but a little better than the thai-style omelettes they serve here.

I agree with you, every dishes which I have had at the Baywatch Cafe were just great! :o:D

Humphrey - I had the same experiance..

They used to have a rib buffet a couple of years ago, we ate and they seemed to be disturbed of us orderinag a seccond plate of ribs. If you have this kind of offer, be prepared of customers eating.. Disturbed but not shaken. Have not been there since.

Cheers

Make it three thumbs down then. I tried the place once, found it was awful beyond words. When I gave it another shot a few months later just to be fair, it was even worse than I remembered. Never again.

• 3 years later...
Hey All! I'm jonsesing for a big sloppy omelette farang-style. Anybody know where I can find a really good one in Pattaya? Like something I'd find at Denny's for instance http://www.dennys.com/en/cms/Breakfast/40.html without having to go to Singapore or (god forbid) New Zealand?

Thanks!

This fantastic restaurant has been around for 9 years and is always re-inventing its menu. The owner is an American and has obviously dined at Denny's, and the Pancake House many times. If you want a real American omlet, go there.

Denny's? Denny's? DENNY'S???!!!

There's nothing served at Denny's that even comes close to tasting good. Good grief, the next thing we know they'll be looking for a place that serves up good ol' home cooking like Luby's does.

Ma Maison gets the nod from me.

If you are coming down Thappaya hill from Pattaya, go past Bruno's, Indian by Nature, News Cafe, etc. straight through at the Thepprasit road lights and it is then immediately on the left side.

Edited by Mattd

This fantastic restaurant has been around for 9 years and is always re-inventing its menu.

I go there a few times a year and always get great service even though I am at best a medium tipper. Are yoo a cheap charlie by any chance? :o

Try The Penthouse Hotel. Chef cooks it in front of you. Amount of

eggs,ingredients,time cooked etc. is your choice.

Not only that but the Penthouse has some awesome rooms with poles & lites for a private pole dance to!

But seriously if you got a kitchen & aren't to lazy you can whip up a 3 egg omelet with shrooms onions Bacon or whatever for close to the same price & you get to grind more than once with all the leftover cheese & ingredients & you know what they are made of....much healthier. :o

Edited by Beardog

Dunno problem with omelet I have had - you ask for say a cheese/ham omelet and they just cook the eggs then lay a piece of cheese/ham on top of it which certainly isnt the proper way - should be inside.

Was that at CB`s? Mine was all inside.

Based on what other posters have stated I went to CB at Jomtien today and ordered two of the ham and cheese omelettes.

What can I say? They were fantastic! Even got the 8 slices of bread because of the two order. Man I was stuffed !

10/10

I agree. I like omelette but if you eat too many you can get egg-bound.