Is Tot Applying Brakes To Torrent Downloads Again?

tjd46

Last month TOT automatically upgraded me from a 3Mb plan to a new 6Mb plan for the same monthly service fee. Since then, I've had nothing but problems...loss of ADSL signal, throttling Torrent downloads etc etc. I'm constantly resetting my modem to get different IP addresses to see if this helps. Sometimes it does, but not for long. As I write, my true bandwidth is about 45kB [1 torrent download from TheBox at 35kB and a speedtest rating of 8kB]. Yesterday I enjoyed an uninterrupted 39 minutes at about 400kB...then TOT pulled the plug and I lost my ADSL signal for a while. For the rest of the day the best I could get was 60kB and several ADSL signal losses. I call TOT every day but of course they are in denial. "We'll refer this problem to our technicians in Rayong." . Everyday the same answer, but no fix. Anyone else suffering the same pain? I'd switch to True, but they don't have internet services in Rayong province yet. :angry:

Is this the same company that wishes to offer 3G and you have problems like this NOW.

Just wait until 3G comes along and you may be better of with a couple of tins and some wet string.

edited for bad spelling again

Edited by billd766

Similar here, it was sometimes rocking fast after the upgrade, now torrents are 40 kb/s despite many seeders.

I have the 3B Premium Package. Drop out mainly due to rain, but speed in general varies much.

I am in East Pattays.

ToT seems to be very flaky today where I am (Soi Khaotalo).

I'm on the 6Mb/512kb package and get better than 5Mb/s download when it works. Every few minutes this afternoon the speed drops to zero for several minutes and any ping requests just time out. Something not right somewhere.

DM

I'm in Rayong province, too, in Ban Phe (well, four km east).

I upgraded from the basic 1mb to their "JetPack" of 6mb a few weeks ago. I've had ups and downs, and every time down, I've phoned their help line, and managed to get through most times.. Yes, the techies have been out, but recently I've told the person on the phone that it isn't a local problem but something with TOT equipment.

I've been calling whenever I've lost the connection, not over speed issues. When it's been restored and I'm still on the phone, they ask me to do the adslthailand.com speed test, and it's usually showing a download speed around 5mb.

But I have been persistent, calling whenever it's lost the connection, sometimes every day and even a couple of times in one day. Haven't spoken to anyone now in over a week.

Today's been on and off, with the entire phone system crashing, but as I'm posting now, we're back on line. I downloaded TheBox FLOTW (1.37 gig) this morning in about an hour and a quarter. Noticed it was coming in at between 350 and 450 kbps. Reseeding bounces between 16, average maybe 30, but has bounced up as high as 70s.