Driving From Bkk To Khon Kaen Via Chaiyaphum

dunder

Hi all.

I am about to drive to Khon Kaen with a stop in Chaiyaphum on tuesday. I have understood from the news that the flooding is really bad in for example Korat and its surrounding areas.. how about the rest of Isaan? Is it possible to drive from Bangkok to Khon Kaen at the moment? What roads are closed? Are there any alternative routes?

Cheers,

Dunder

My girl picked-up one of today's Thai papers during our morning coffee hour this morning and pointed to the main picture that showed a completed flooded downtown area...said..."look look, Chaiyaphum me naum tuam maak maak." So you better get up to date info before you attempt to drive through there.

Lucky enough, her village of Phu Wiang, near Khon Keon, all is apparently well.

Edited by FarangBuddha

thanks for the info..

It might be a good idea to contact a bus company travelling the route before leaving.. they for sure knows about the traffic situation..! I don't know why I didn't think about that before:)

Cheers

My wife left today for north of Khorat. She is stuck in Khorat and hoping to get a bus to Phimai where her uncle will pick her up and drive her north from there. I guess it's a real mess and the waters have started to rise in some other areas.

My wife left today for north of Khorat. She is stuck in Khorat and hoping to get a bus to Phimai where her uncle will pick her up and drive her north from there. I guess it's a real mess and the waters have started to rise in some other areas.

Hello craigt3365, with the flooding here in town(Korat) and the new bus station was closed, the old bus station

has a bus that leaves almost every hour during the day, #302, shorter than the regular bus, orange in color,

non-A/C. About Bt.40 one way. The old BS is the 'first R/H' after the Y you would have turned to go to Big C and

the new BS if you are going E.

After the flooding stops, the #302 will start turning up at the uni and on up to Cho Ha, then Phi Mai.

It nows goes up 224, L at 226(Korat Airport), goes up 5-6K and turns L over to just W. of Nong Sung on the Hyw.

then on to Phi Mai.

The #302 is in all the way to the back of the station, the loading area is next to the phoned, table to buy tickets.

We passed the #302 coming back from Nong Sung today.

rice555

Hello craigt3365, with the flooding here in town(Korat) and the new bus station was closed, the old bus station

has a bus that leaves almost every hour during the day, #302, shorter than the regular bus, orange in color,

non-A/C. About Bt.40 one way. The old BS is the 'first R/H' after the Y you would have turned to go to Big C and

the new BS if you are going E.

After the flooding stops, the #302 will start turning up at the uni and on up to Cho Ha, then Phi Mai.

It nows goes up 224, L at 226(Korat Airport), goes up 5-6K and turns L over to just W. of Nong Sung on the Hyw.

then on to Phi Mai.

The #302 is in all the way to the back of the station, the loading area is next to the phoned, table to buy tickets.

We passed the #302 coming back from Nong Sung today.

rice555

Great info. Thanks!!!!!!