Airasia Flights Phuket - Penang ?

cers

Air asia have made Phuket a 'second' hub, thats why you can fly to many points from Phuket, even international, without going via KL, but theres a limit to the routes that pay, and obviously HKT / Penang isnt considered one.

They also publicly said CM will be their '3rd' hub which is interesting.

As stated before, Firefly run this route. They use smaller aircraft than those operated by Air Asia and maybe these turboprops are more fuel-efficient for short routes as Firefly use them all over Malaysia (I don't, know just guessing). They are owned by Malaysian Airlines.

They are not as cheap as Air Asia (booking well in advance, of course) but on the one occasion I flew this route the plane was on time and everything was efficient.

Air Asia did never fly HKT - PEN, as far as I know.

the Malaysia-Airlines flights MH 9898 / 9899 mentioned by user LIVINGINKATA are actually codeshare-flights operated by their subsidiary FIREFLY.

nothing wrong with TURBOPROPS, ALEXTH, or did you hear that scores of Turboprops are falling from the sky everyday ?

Apart from that, FIREFLY has one of the youngest ATR-72 fleets on earth, with an average age of less than 2 years.

The problem with Aria Asia is you cannot book connecting flights with them on the same booking.

Each flight is a separate booking, that's why i will not book with them for connecting flights.

If the plane is held up for some reason and you miss your connecting flight will they put you

on the next flight out at no extra charge or is it bad luck Jack and you have to pay again.

We booked with Tiger Air for a trip to Australia, all the connecting flights are on one booking

so it the planes late for the connecting flight it should not be a problem