Assistance With Rehab For A Heroin Addict

SadOne

I know this is a long shot, but what do I have to lose, given I've lost everything already, so here it goes. I am one half of a couple who is addicted sadly to heroin. Throughout the past 3 to 4 years I have watched my life slowly but progressively dwindle down to nothing more than a fit, a spoon, filter and some water. Not only has my family turned their backs on me, I lost all possessions including my vehicle, my job, my savings, my children, my dignity and self worth. I have desperately tried to get into rehab here in Australia, but have continually been faced with waiting lists, rejections and ignorance. I have become someone I am not proud of and as such find it increasingly difficult to go out into society. My friends have all but gone and what I am left with is a spoon that I sadly dissolve my life in everyday. I am so very desperate for help, but with no money to cover the costs involved to travel to Thailand to get into proper treatment at any of the centers I am left to wonder is there anyone that perhaps is reading this that could possibly help save what life I do have left? I don't want to be another statistic that's found lying dead in a cold stair well with a syringe hanging out of their arm, I don't want that to be me. I need help with my addiction. So as much as this is a long shot, should anyone know of a way that I can travel to Thailand and get into any of the centers there such as The Cabin, or Channah I would sincerely appreciate any advice. I understand these treatment centers aren't cheap and although I wish I could afford to pay for the air flights and admission into these centers I know realistically this isn't possible right now. I'm not looking for a handout, I would sincerely want to repay the help given to me. I wish my family hadn't turned their backs on me, I could really do with their help, but they don't understand addiction and as such I can not hate them for that. I hope that people here don't respond to my post in a rude and hateful manner, I've had to deal with enough of that from my family. Thank You in any case for reading my post.

Hello, so sorry to read your story. But you come across as an educated person and i'm sure that you will be one day able to sort out your life. So never ever lose hope. I dont think anybody is going to be rude to you. Try to take the first few steps and i'm sure your family will also come back to help you. I wish you all the very best.

Sad to read your story and I understand how can be difficult to get out from an addition.

What for my (small) experience is that coming here in Thailand to fight your heroin addition is like to go in Colombia to fight the cocaine monkey.

I find it odd that you say:

I have desperately tried to get into rehab here in Australia, but have continually been faced with waiting lists, rejections and ignorance

Have you already tried:

http://www.narconon.org/drug-rehab/centers/narconon-melbourne-australia.html

I'm not Australian, I do find it odd that you say you cannot get assistance in Australia. Seems to me there should be some entity willing to help if somebody wants helping.

Best of luck in getting out of this mess.

I find it odd that you say:

I have desperately tried to get into rehab here in Australia, but have continually been faced with waiting lists, rejections and ignorance

Have you already tried:

http://www.narconon....-australia.html

I'm not Australian, I do find it odd that you say you cannot get assistance in Australia. Seems to me there should be some entity willing to help if somebody wants helping.

Best of luck in getting out of this mess.

One would assume that Australia would offer a place of rehab to those that are wanting to regain back their lives, however it is a sad but only too common fact that the waiting lists here in Australia are extreme and the costs involved are almost as extreme. Yes I have been in contact with narconon Australia who hasn't received the best feedback for their services, however given the situation I'm in and the desperation I feel, I thought I would give them a try all the same. Unfortunately, they at this time are not able to accommodate my requests. It's almost like when you apply for a loan at a bank or finance company and you get the dreaded, we're sorry but you don't qualify for a loan with us at this time, but perhaps if your situation changes we may be able to help. Nothing odd i'm afraid with not being able to get help here in Australia. I assure you, I've tried. Thank you though all the same.

Sad to read your story and I understand how can be difficult to get out from an addition.

What for my (small) experience is that coming here in Thailand to fight your heroin addition is like to go in Colombia to fight the cocaine monkey.

Not really true!

There's a very good treatment center run by Buddhist monks a couple hours north of Bangkok. They've got a unique herbal based rapid detox program.It works quite well if you're indeed serious about kicking for good. You should go and stay a month or two.The best part is that it's free. You just have to have a couple of dollars a day for your own food. You simply have to get there somehow.Wat Tham Krabok

AA and NA are free, no waiting. We call treatment centers $6,000 Big Books with meeting schedules. Cuz they send you on your way eventually anyway, and you go to AA to work the program after. They're great orientation and detox, but you have to live in the world soon enough.

You never have to drink or drug again. No person, place, or thing can EVER make you take a drink or drug again... as long as you live.

"Rarely have we seen a person fail who has thoroughly followed our path."