Iphone 4 Worth It?

pimmy5

From any other phone, clearly YES, it's worth it.

From the 3GS - you get a higher res screen, a flash, a much better camera, FaceTime and some dropped calls. Not 100% sure it's worth it to be honest. Of course now that I have an iPhone 4, it's impossible to go back. Any other LCD screen looks old and tired now that I am used to the retina display.

So I guess the question comes down to money and geekery. If the 10K baht or so to upgrade are nothing to you OR if you just know you have to have it (guilty as charged!) - then it's a worth-while upgrade.

PS: There are no glitches worth mentioning - there were a few in 4.0.2 but since 4.1 it's rock solid. The only issue I still have is that it's sometimes unable to connect or drops a call. Then I re-dial and it's fine. Other than that, the interface just flies, and the apps are working great as always.

Edited by nikster

I upgraded from an iPhone 3GS to an iPhone 4 (grey market one from Australia purchased at MBK) and love it!

for comparison purposes, I also bought an Android-based Samsung Galaxy S as a back-up phone....still MUCH prefer iPhone 4 :D

Prob best to wait for the Iphone 5 - I quite imagine they will want to make up for the bad PR version 4 got.

The way people are ripping them out of their hands, I don't think they will feel the need to change anything.... Apple sells iPhones as fast as they can make them, last quarter saw a 91% unit growth over the year before (3GS).

I forgot the battery life improvements - that's actually something you notice every day. No more complaints about battery life.

Edited by nikster

I went from 3GS to 4, and I'm happy. The upgrade cost to me is worth it as the Iphone is the most amazing tool in the world, and the new Iphone is noticeably better than the last.

I don't spend my money on nice cars or crazy condos, and my life is digital. Getting the latest Apple stuff is a no-brainer.