Who Is The Person Playing The Bugle?

westbounder

Don't feel bad.

My formerly quiet neighborhood out in the far west near CMU on Huay Kaew Rd. has turned into noise pollution hel_l.

We always had Moc Mol nightclub in the evenings. Bad Thai pop cr_p music till 1 AM.

But now Punna, a local developer, is building a major low-rise condo project across the street. Nothing like a pile driver pounding in building supports starting at 9 AM, and angle grinders, and steel mallets hitting concrete forms, and big trucks and earth moving equipment...you get the picture.

At some nearby trade school, they had the full drum ensemble pounding out some demented rhythm, accompanied by a huge chorus of female students screaming and shrilling like professional weepers at an Egyptian funeral. Simultaneously with the steel mallets, and the pile drivers and cement trucks. That was this morning.:ph34r:

I would give my eye teeth to hear a bugle, a lonely solemn bugle, doing reveille. If that was all I could hear in this tone deaf, karaoke noise addicted country.

:)

In my hometown, one of the most successful buskers was a guy with bagpipes. He would set up on a corner downtown amidst all the skyscrapers and play notes which would echo up and down the glass-and-concrete corridors in all directions. The thing was, he was terrible. I mean really *really* bad at it. And, inevitably, after about 15 minutes some businessman would get fed up, ride down from his corner office in the sky and pay the busker $20 to shut up for a while.

In my hometown, one of the most successful buskers was a guy with bagpipes. He would set up on a corner downtown amidst all the skyscrapers and play notes which would echo up and down the glass-and-concrete corridors in all directions. The thing was, he was terrible. I mean really *really* bad at it. And, inevitably, after about 15 minutes some businessman would get fed up, ride down from his corner office in the sky and pay the busker $20 to shut up for a while.

Yeah, I knew someone like that once. We all had a 'whip 'round' to provide him with enough dosh to go and study music in Vienna... or Paris...or .... anywhere.

Out north of town a few kilometers where I slumber with windows open, I faintly hear a similar bugle call two or three times a day. It's coming from the military camp along side Highway 107. I like it.

Edited by MrBrad