Internet Providers

mhortig

Hi,

I've just come back to Chiangmai and need to find an Internet Provider. I have a low level of computer literacy, but I know what capabilities I want. I plan to do a lot of downloading, movies,books,TV etc. I want unlimited time access and fairly fast speed, balanced by reasonable cost. I want to keep it under 850 baht mo. if possible. I want a reliable provider who has customer service available in English. I have a desktop computer. I am located in Hillside 4 condo, and signed up and bought a TPLINK for their in house wireless internet service with NIT. To my surprise I cannot download utorrent for my downloading, because the provider has BLOCKED it, because they do not want users doing extensive downloads as it slows down their system. This is a fairly slow connection, so is not very desirable anyway.

I would appreciate any recommendations but please keep it simple. Thanks.

In HS4 get a wired True or TOT DSL line. The building is fairly close to the TOT central office where the various providers co located their DSL equipment.

On the TOT 4 mb plan (about 790 baht) I tend to always get more than 3 mb download speed and does not seem to be any restriction on torrents. I have trouble keeping up and watching all the content I download.

I have heard True is even better performance.

True -

less problem and very short contract . - you can give up plan within 3 month if i am did not get it wrong and not lose any more money by simply stop using it after you cancel without any FINE or any other complex problem .

their offering 12mb /1 mb good luck