Pattaya`s Best Restaurant

Thunderbird4ever

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont really know of any with a full thai menu, the beach restaraunts in Jomtien arent bad, lots of thais eat there but if you want full thai menus then you will have to eat outside pattaya as most cater for farang. Eaten at a couple in Chonburi which were not bad.

Edited by morphious

Soi Buakow. Opposite Club Blu but a little south is what is known as the best Thai food in Pattaya. The name is known as the Hole In The Wall even by the owners restaurant. Do not judge it by name or appearance. The portions and taste are quality.

I own a business, but not a restaurant.:D

IMHO Cherries is really good value for money and Gooses serves the best fish and chips that I have ever had in Thailand.

I have not eaten at any fancy restaurants in Pattaya that have impressed me, but I am sure that there are a few that would.

Edited by Ulysses G.

Soi Buakow. Opposite Club Blu but a little south is what is known as the best Thai food in Pattaya. The name is known as the Hole In The Wall even by the owners restaurant. Do not judge it by name or appearance. The portions and taste are quality.

tourist restaurant.

IMHO Cherries is really good value for money and Gooses serves the best fish and chips that I have ever had in Thailand.

I have not eaten at any fancy restaurants in Pattaya that have impressed me, but I am sure that there are a few that would.

i have tried a number of fancy restaurants in Pattaya. the only thing impressive was the amount on the bill i had to pay. if you want to be impressed by food don't select a fancy restaurant!

yer definitely asking the wrong crowd...there are tons of places most farang will not even know about unless taken by a local....forget any of the joints mentioned so far here...and beware of the shills

What an utterlyuseless post. If you know of "tons" of restaurants that fit the OP's request, you should mention one or more (preferably the "best" oif the lot) by name and address. You are part of the wrong crowd.

Not a full Thai menu by any stretch, but very good is Ventienne Restaurant on Pattaya Tai. We've eaten there a few times. They've got quite a big menu featuring many Viet Namese dishes as well as Thai. My girlfriend likes their food, thinks it's kind of a special place to go from time to time. If you want a really good local Thai restaurant, go to Soi Chaiyapreuk, in Jomtien. Second shop on the right, up from the corner of Beach Rd. is IM ARROY Resatuarant. Run by a very nice Thai family, their food is great and not expensive... every time. Good luck, krap!

Edited by Michaelaway

Cherry's Restaurant on third Road Pattaya

Cafe Ritz in the Jomtien Complex

Both offer excellent quality and good value for money, main customer base is expats living here.

I have seen people on many occasions this year turned away or asked to come back later at Cafe Ritz, as the restaurant was full.

Mum Aroi at the north end of Naklua has nice ambience and good Thai seafood, although the service can be terrible at times -- a place to avoid on holiday weekends. Preecha in Na Jomtien has some of the best Thai seafood, with nice views at sunset, but little to no ambience. Depending on the occasion, boith are good choices.

Mum Aroi at the north end of Naklua has nice ambience and good Thai seafood, although the service can be terrible at times -- a place to avoid on holiday weekends. Preecha in Na Jomtien has some of the best Thai seafood, with nice views at sunset, but little to no ambience. Depending on the occasion, boith are good choices.

+1 for this one

I certainly didn't walk away from Mum Aroi feeling that I'd eaten the best food in town. It wasn't bad, but it certainly wasn't great nor memorable. Though it's not an unpleasant place to spend an evening.

I think that is exactly what I said -- not the best food (I gave that vote to Preecha), but nice ambience (i.e., a pleasant place to spend an evening).

"My fave is the Seafood restaurant in the Fisherman's village in Na Chom Tien" -- If I had any idea what restaurant you were referring to or where it is located (other than in Na Jomtien), I'd compare the two -- your's may win. Care to be more specific?

Suggest you get some utterly efficient reading glasses, as I clearly state in my post , "there are tons of places most farang will not even know about unless taken by a local".

Nowhere does it state that I know such places, but it is clear that I state that the locals may know. Going with a local is a good way to avoid tourist traps..many of the good ones aren't advertised in English or even known to farang.sometime dues to signage in Thai language

It is always possible to try the hit and miss approach..

The 2 places you mention are lousy value for what is served, and Preecha in particular is an overpriced tourist trap and is nowhere near the best seafood in Thailand..you can get many of the dishes they serve at the seafood restos on south pattaya road for a fraction of the price. I believe its exact location should be described as Ban Amphur.

I am glad to see others agree with me….

yer definitely asking the wrong crowd...there are tons of places most farang will not even know about unless taken by a local....forget any of the joints mentioned so far here...and beware of the shills

What an utterlyuseless post. If you know of "tons" of restaurants that fit the OP's request, you should mention one or more (preferably the "best" oif the lot) by name and address. You are part of the wrong crowd.

Edited by Utterlyuseful

I certainly didn't walk away from Mum Aroi feeling that I'd eaten the best food in town. It wasn't bad, but it certainly wasn't great nor memorable. Though it's not an unpleasant place to spend an evening.

I think that is exactly what I said -- not the best food (I gave that vote to Preecha), but nice ambience (i.e., a pleasant place to spend an evening).

"My fave is the Seafood restaurant in the Fisherman's village in Na Chom Tien" -- If I had any idea what restaurant you were referring to or where it is located (other than in Na Jomtien), I'd compare the two -- your's may win. Care to be more specific?

The one in the Fisherman's Village. :) Na Chom Thian 6. :) Just far away enough from the tourists.

If you buy anything by weight, check the weight and the price before you sit down. Otherwise you can just order from the menu as usual.

Let me know what you think.

The 2 places you mention are lousy value for what is served, and Preecha in particular is an overpriced tourist trap and is nowhere near the best seafood in Thailand..you can get many of the dishes they serve at the seafood restos on south pattaya road for a fraction of the price. I believe its exact location should be described as Ban Amphur.

I think you are batting "0" for 1000 thus far. If by "tourist trap", you mean places that cater to and attract farang tourists and have unreasonably high prices, you need to check both restaurants (and their parking lots) again. The customers at Mum Aroi are more than 85% Thai and at Preecha more than 95% Thai, hardly what would be characterized as "tourist traps". Neither restaurant is cheap, but the prices are not significantly more than other good Thai seafood restaurants in the greater Pattaya area (actually, I think they are a bit less), and unlike Pattaya Tai they are both on the water with great views (I have never even seen a seafood restaurant on Pattaya Tai, but one or 2 non-descript ones probably do exist, but I doubt that they are any cheaper than Preecha). Their parking lots are completely full on the weekend evenings, and I have bever seen a post that did not give Preecha's food high marks. Serving the same dishes and serving the same quality are two very different things, but perhaps you didn't notice. The only negative I have ever seen concerning Mum Aroi is its service, which I agree can be awful at times. Thanks for the clarification on location, very useful.

i have tried a number of fancy restaurants in Pattaya. the only thing impressive was the amount on the bill i had to pay. if you want to be impressed by food don't select a fancy restaurant!

100% AGREE and if you want good thai food dont go into a farang restaraunt that advertise thai food.One of the best i go to,and itd got maybe 250 thais eating until 5am, is coming from Thepraset rd,trun left onto sukhumvit and its about 200m on your left,even got a huge screen for footie or musioc,amazing thai food,english menus too and amazing prices.

Did i say it was AMAZING

Not a full Thai menu by any stretch, but very good is Ventienne Restaurant on Pattaya Tai. We've eaten there a few times. They've got quite a big menu featuring many Viet Namese dishes as well as Thai. My girlfriend likes their food, thinks it's kind of a special place to go from time to time. If you want a really good local Thai restaurant, go to Soi Chaiyapreuk, in Jomtien. Second shop on the right, up from the corner of Beach Rd. is IM ARROY Resatuarant. Run by a very nice Thai family, their food is great and not expensive... every time. Good luck, krap!

Vientienne is a nice restaraunt,but they have many items on the menu not available,including beer lao.Go to the one i mentioned on one of my posts and its half the price and even better food,but less ambience

In addition, remember that it's about the food and not about the service etc. You have to go there with a relaxed attitude as they employ the local young uns as servers.

So don't arrive with airs and graces. :) It's Thai style, so don't expect western style efficiency. Just friendly local service and properly prepared seafood and ancillary dishes.

Hope it's still good. :)

I like Somsakdi's in soi 1, good atmosphere and a huge menu at reasonable prices. Also the pub (forget its name) in soi 2 opposite the Honey Pot, does pretty good Thai food, and has live entertainment.

Edited by eyebee

The one in the Fisherman's Village. :) Na Chom Thian 6. :) Just far away enough from the tourists.

If you buy anything by weight, check the weight and the price before you sit down. Otherwise you can just order from the menu as usual.

Let me know what you think.

I would have to agree here. Also the restaraunt at Cabbages and Condoms on Phratamnak Soi 4 is well worth a visit.

if I am 0 for 1000, then you may be in the negative range

nowhere in my post does it say "foreign tourists"...are you implying that locals can't be tourists????

have a look at the tour buses that pull into Preecha sometime.........

Anywhere that caters to tourists charges a premium. Places that offer a view charge a preimum.....put that together and you get an overpriced place....

You claim to not even know of the restos I mentioned, therefore you are unable to legitimately compare them I believe. Suggest you pay a visit. Taste and quality are the same if not better, price is better, and service is much more personal. Good luck.

I think you are batting "0" for 1000 thus far. If by "tourist trap", you mean places that cater to and attract farang tourists and have unreasonably high prices, you need to check both restaurants (and their parking lots) again. The customers at Mum Aroi are more than 85% Thai and at Preecha more than 95% Thai, hardly what would be characterized as "tourist traps". Neither restaurant is cheap, but the prices are not significantly more than other good Thai seafood restaurants in the greater Pattaya area (actually, I think they are a bit less), and unlike Pattaya Tai they are both on the water with great views (I have never even seen a seafood restaurant on Pattaya Tai, but one or 2 non-descript ones probably do exist, but I doubt that they are any cheaper than Preecha). Their parking lots are completely full on the weekend evenings, and I have bever seen a post that did not give Preecha's food high marks. Serving the same dishes and serving the same quality are two very different things, but perhaps you didn't notice. The only negative I have ever seen concerning Mum Aroi is its service, which I agree can be awful at times. Thanks for the clarification on location, very useful.

Preecha could never be described as an overpriced tourist trap, far better value for money than anywhere else around, no way anywhere in Pattaya is serving the same dishes at a "fraction of the price" - complete nonsense!!!

But i see you are saying to look at the tour buses that pull in to Preecha - this makes me think you are talking about the wrong place, there is another big place at the far end of the same road in Ban Amphur beside the harbour which is regularly full of tour buses, i have eaten there once and yes it was an overpriced tourist trap!

I eat at Preecha a lot and i cant say i have seen many if any tour buses coming in there?.