Good Doctor, I Need Help

aussiejosh

I have been sick for over a year now, the same problems over and over. I am over tired, I get frequent headaches and my digestive track doesn't seem to function properly.

I have been to bumrumgrad, to bangkok general, samitijev on 49 and another one a long time ago I can't remember the name of. Each have run their own tests, had cameras shoved all around me and they keep coming up with IBS and its psychological, but I can't believe that and take it anymore. Currently I haven't eaten anything but rice for 2 days and I have the most intense head ache, I have more than enough of the same medicines I get each time to know not to bother go to back to the hospitals. I am sick of going back there, they won't even test my blood anymore. Right now I have tingling in my hands and legs and there is definitely something wrong. Anyone know of a good doctor, or is one?

obviously there are more symptom than the ones I have described but I can't hand it anymore. Anyone have a recommendation?

IBS is a catch all phrase for problems in the lower GI tract for which no cause has been found.

It is indeed possible for the four things you mention -- being tired, frequent headaches, tingling feelings and GI problems in the absence of any known disease -- to be caused by stress. And it sounds like this is what the doctors you have seen believe to be the case. Do you feel that you may be stressed?

There could also be life style factors, e.g. drinking, not getting enough sleep, bad diet. Again, only you know if any of these are possibles.

And lastly some food and other allergies can manifest in these ways. MSG comes to mind as a possible culprit, it is in all the pre-cooked food you can get in Thailand and also packaged foods. If your problems seem to have started after coming to Thailand I would consider this a definite possibility.

Whatever the cause odds are the various medications you have been given are not only not helping but quite [possibly worsening matters.

If I were you I would:

1. Do some serious introspection and ask myself if I am in any way stressed. If so, see one of the counselors listed in the mental health notice pinned in this forum.

2. Try a regimen of only fresh foods prepared yourself, nothing that could possibly have MSG, and no alcohol for at least a month and see if that makes a difference. No "recreational" drugs of any kind, and be sure with that to get plenty of sleep. (if unable to sleep, that would further suggest the need for #1.)

3. Unless you have a known chronic condition, lay off all medications except perhaps simple paracetemol for the headaches. If I know Thai doctors, in the course of all your various hospital visits you have probably accumulated quite a range of drugs none of which are going to help. Toss them.

See how you do with the above regimen and then get back to us if still a problem.