Yellow Book

sirluke1944

Hi, well me and the Missus have just returned from The Amphur Office, went to enquire about me obtaining the much talked about " Yellow Book ", amongst the usual reqest's for appropriate paperworks and I.D's, we were both shocked when we were told I'd have to provide a CRB Check also, to prove as he said " I wasn't in any trouble in my home Country " ( U.K ).

I know that what they require changes from Amphur to Amphur, just wanted to know if anyone else has come across this request and is there a definitve list of requirements i can check on anywhere.

Oh by the way, it's not that I have anything I don't want to disclose, it's just going to be a BORL ACHE...lol,

Going to Bangkok to get it.

Thanks in advance.

Found at my local Amphur Office the Boss Man/Lady appears to change a lot each have different rules even if the staff have been the same for the past 7 years

I have a yellow book and when i move into my new house what do i do with my yellow book for the house i live now? can i have 2 yellow books ? Rob.

Maybe you can try to go back in a few days again and then rules can have changed.

When I went to my Amphur to ask for the requirements I was told I had to get a letter from my embassy,have that translated by a certified office then verified by the ministry of internal affairs in Bangkok,come together with 2 witnesses and the local Kanman and whatever more.

I went back to very next day with only a translation of my passport done by a local translation office and a Certificate of residence which I aquired a few weeks previously to buy a motorbike but hadn't used yet and got my yellow book application approved on the spot.No witnesses,Kanman or whatever,just told them myself that all that wasn't needed.

They believed me because in most Amphur's nobody knows what is required and I always come over as a very trustable person. :whistling:

Local Thai government offices... Each staff member will usually have their own set of rules. Usually depending on how xenophobic they are, or how good/badd they've been treated by foreigners in the past. If they've had a whitey come in all confrontational it's a pretty safe bet that your requests will be denied and you'll be told with a smile that as a foreigner you need many other documents that you don't need at all and will be nearly impossible and massively time consuming for you to get.

When dealing with a particular staff member, their rules will be the only ones you can abide by that day.

Go back another day and hope somebody else is manning the desk.

Edited by thomo

Found at my local Amphur Office the Boss Man/Lady appears to change a lot each have different rules even if the staff have been the same for the past 7 years

I have a yellow book and when i move into my new house what do i do with my yellow book for the house i live now? can i have 2 yellow books ? Rob.

..just have it updated at the Amphur Office with your new address details..the book has many blank pages for this purpose.

..just have it updated at the Amphur Office with your new address details..the book has many blank pages for this purpose.

Are you sure about that, that is not my understanding on how the house book works?

As far as I know the yellow (or blue) house book is tied to one specific address, and the blank pages are for registering all the people living at that address - not for registering new addresses. The address the book is tied to is printed on page 1 of the house book, which is different from the subsequent pages, and there is only one "page 1" in the book so I don't think it's possible to register a new address in the book. If you move to a new house you will have to be registered in the house book for that new address.

But I'm no expert on this, so I could very well be wrong.

Sophon

My understanding is that a yellow house book is tied to a specific address and when you change address you must turn your old house book in to that amphour.

When l obtained my yellow book a couple of weeks ago l was told it was only valid for the house l was registering and that if l moved a new yellow book would be required. Did not require the documernts the OP was asked to provide and it was all over in 10 minutes. The yellow book was obtained at the Land Registry at Mae Jo opposite the university. You will probably have to go there ROB if you need one as you live in Sansai

My understanding is that a yellow house book is tied to a specific address and when you change address you must turn your old house book in to that amphour.

When l obtained my yellow book a couple of weeks ago l was told it was only valid for the house l was registering and that if l moved a new yellow book would be required. Did not require the documernts the OP was asked to provide and it was all over in 10 minutes. The yellow book was obtained at the Land Registry at Mae Jo opposite the university. You will probably have to go there ROB if you need one as you live in Sansai

yes cheers John and i think you right. Think i will go check it out next week.