3G For New Iphone 4 In Bkk - Which Network?

rikbrown

Hi all,

I'm planning on (considering) buying an iPhone 4.

I'm currently on AIS with my Android phone. Pay-as-you-go (pre-paid).

With this I only get EDGE (as I understand AIS have no 3G in BKK), and it appears to be charged per-minute connected!

Back in the UK, mobile internet is charged per data used (e.g. £x/MB).

My questions are:

1. Which network is recommended for using an iPhone 4 in Bangkok? 3G preferred of course, where possible.

2. Are there any pre-paid (not contract) plans that charge for data used? (Or give you allowances etc?). It's stupid having to disable mobile internet when I'm done with it - this isn't freaking dial up WAP anymore.

Thanks all,

Rik.

EDIT: fixed formatting!

Edited by rikbrown

You want to look into TOT3G or I-Mobile 3GX (one of TOT3G's MNVO). It has extensive 3G coverage all over Bangkok, Samut Prakhan, Nonthaburi and Thonburi. I-Mobile 3GX prepaid (can buy sim card at 7-11) has plans based on data used. A 300 baht topup will get you 500MB of data good for 30 days and a 500 baht topup will get you 1gb of data good for 60 days. Google for their website. I don't think this forum allows you to put links for other websites.

3G in Thailand? I tought it's available only in developed countries such as Laos and Cambodia...

You've also missed off that other technological giant........Myanmar.

you're right! Hoewever, they do not sell handsets but distribute them only to some chosen ones..canou bring the hardware by yourself?

• 3 weeks later...

You want to look into TOT3G or I-Mobile 3GX (one of TOT3G's MNVO). It has extensive 3G coverage all over Bangkok, Samut Prakhan, Nonthaburi and Thonburi. I-Mobile 3GX prepaid (can buy sim card at 7-11) has plans based on data used. A 300 baht topup will get you 500MB of data good for 30 days and a 500 baht topup will get you 1gb of data good for 60 days. Google for their website. I don't think this forum allows you to put links for other websites.

You may have misread their website. If it is Data only, you get 2GB for 500 baht. 1GB is 300 baht.

http://www.i-mobile3gx.com/index_3gx_prepaid.php

3G in Thailand? I tought it's available only in developed countries such as Laos and Cambodia...

You've also missed off that other technological giant........Myanmar.

Oh, well you all missed the telecommunication titan....Mt. Everest. Both sides.