Tourist Visa Expires On A Sunday

cers

Better you go early, as the 30 day extension is based on the permission to stay stamp expiry date, not the date you make the Tourist Visa extension.

If your visa expires on a Sunday, then the Monday is too late to extend it; also you will be fined 500THB per day overstay.

Are you sure ? Somewhere else in Thailand, having the same situation, I could extend on a Monday, but maybe Phuket has different rules ?

Better you go early, as the 30 day extension is based on the permission to stay stamp expiry date, not the date you make the Tourist Visa extension.

If your visa expires on a Sunday, then the Monday is too late to extend it; also you will be fined 500THB per day overstay.

Are you sure ? Somewhere else in Thailand, having the same situation, I could extend on a Monday, but maybe Phuket has different rules ?

Why delay?

Your end extension date will be the same (as per national immigration regulations) whether you extend one day, or one week before the permitted to stay stamp date in your passport.; don't delay, don't risk a fine.

Just happens that this coming Monday 25 Oct 2010 is a government holiday in Thailand. If your visa expires on a Sunday then you should apply for an extension BEFORE the expiry date otherwise you will be fined for overstay. Therefore you should apply at latest the Friday before, better on Thursday in case Friday is a holiday.

Just happens that this coming Monday 25 Oct 2010 is a government holiday in Thailand. If your visa expires on a Sunday then you should apply for an extension BEFORE the expiry date otherwise you will be fined for overstay. Therefore you should apply at latest the Friday before, better on Thursday in case Friday is a holiday.

Though it's already Saturday??? :blink:

Like others have said, apply for the extension a few days before. I think that you can apply for the extension up to a week before your stamp expires, and the 30 day extension will be post dated, so you won't lose any days.

Depending on queues in the office, it could take anything from a few minutes to an hour or more. I always recommend going at the crack of dawn or about an hour and a half before closing.