Chiang Mai Immigration - Proof Of Bank Balance

Wentworth

The last time I showed proof of my 400,000 in the bank for my Married Extension, it was with the standard savings account bank book. They insisted on seeing the actual bank book and having copies of literally every page, even though I've had this particular book for over 3 years. I guess it's because the account number isn't on every page, though it has part of the actual book number in dots on every page. I'm changing over to E-Banking and as far as I can see I can pretty much get statements for any dates I want; well at least a year anyway.

Has anyone shown printed statements from internet banking and had them accepted at Immigration?

The whole system between banks & immigration seems to be not ironed out yet.

For example, I had more than enough for the marriage visa requirement but before my extension date I decided to top up even more out of paranoia.

So I deposited an additional 200K Baht. With SCB's method of printing in the bank book, they show an entry of 200K Baht because the 'due date' on the interest is a separate due date than the interest on the previous balance.

So immigration sees the B200K entry and even though they can clearly see by flipping the darn page that the next balance entry is B200K more than the original balance, they say ' Oh! you dipped below B400K !! , rejected!'

After long explanation they say, 'ok, go back to the bank and get a special letter explaning the entry', Of course since this is SCB's standard way of updating bank books they refused to do this!

Back and forth I go twice to SCB & Immigration before they finally understand the situation!!

It's clearly still somewhat of a keystone cops situation down there.

But what I cant understand is, lots of people must have deposit entries in their bank books which are less than B400K, this cant be the first time.... of course that's assuming they learn from past errors.

Edited by macsurf