Tourist Visa

Have tried emailing and phoning the Thai embassy but alas no answer! Can someone help us with the following:

We are flying into Bangkok in Sept and will then head straight to Cambodia for a week then back to Thailand for 1.5 weeks then onto Vietnam or Laos then return to Bangkok to fly out in November.

Tourist visas states '60 days max and per entry' is there a visa which allows us to go in and out of the country or do I have to pay £25 each time I enter the country again. We are on Dutch and UK passports.

Any help would be appreacitated….

here you go, you'll need a tourist visa with 3 entries - £75

http://www.thaiconsul-uk.com/pdfs/Ad%20%20...ion%20Notes.pdf

you'll need this too

http://www.thaiconsul-uk.com/pdfs/Af%20%20Payment%20Form.pdf

and this

http://www.thaiconsul-uk.com/pdfs/Ac%20%20...tion%20Form.pdf

print them out and send them off with passport and photos and fee

Edited by symzie

I don't know about the Dutch passport, but on the UK one you should get 30 days on entery for free (unless I am out of date on this), I guess the Dutch should be the same. If not you can apply for multiple entry visa at your local Thai consuate.

Frank, is your visa a double or single entry?

If its a double entry then after you come back from Cambodia and re enter Thailand you'll get another 2 months.

If it is a single entry you will come back and get 30 days.

Both are free.

Thats what happens with a UK passport anyway, I assume the dutch is the same, in fact I'm sure it is.

Whenever you enter Thailand you will get a free 30 day transit visa.

Really, since you are not staying in Thailand at any time for more than 30 days you probably could have entered the country without any tourist visa at all, but strictly speaking you do need the tourist visa to enter the country unless you have proof ie. plane ticket to show you are leaving in less than 30 days.

Be aware, thats these rules are for UK passports but as I say, a Dutch passport should be the same rules, though maybe someone else can confirm for you.

I haven't obtained any visas as yet, last time we went we didn't get one (thats on Dutch and UK) as we had onward travel within 30 days.

The reason for the doubt on whether to get a visa or not is due to our plane ticket being 2 months after we arrive (fly in & out of Bangkok) with no proof of onward travel to Vietnam/Lao or Cambodia...we'll just do the local bus/train thing when we get there across borders etc.

I'm trying to figure out whether the 30 days applies to us due our outward travel from Bangkok.

It's the airline that might want to see onward- or return ticket within 30 days and since you go onward overland you are in a grey area. Entering over land you do not need a ticket but might be asked to show gunds, Baht 10K per person.

Have you got your visa already for Vietnam/Lao or Cambodia in your p/port to show, if the airline staff queries? Or any written itenary showing your onward travel by bus or whatever? (Oops, I would type my own)

Once on board and arrive BKK, I see no problem, you both will get 30 days-stay under visa exemption for tourists, leave for Cambodia and come back overland you will get another 30 days. How do you return from Vietnam, by air? You might have the same problem. If come back from Lao over land, no problem.

Once you arrive in LOS for less than 30 days remaining til return to Europe, no problem, either.

The point is you have to cover the perod for 30 days till your return ticket becomes "active". Otherwise you do need at least 3 entry-visa, to use 1st upon arrival from Europe, 2nd when come back from Cambodia an 3rd when return from Vietnam or Laos. Each stay allows 60 days, but only the last one you need those.

I would go without visa but written itenerary showing bus/rail departures...