Police Criminal Check Thailand.

Hi All.

I am applying to Universuty in England this year. They required a CRB from Thailand as I worked in Thailand for 5 years previously between 2004 - 2009. I went to the a thai police station 2 months ago and handed in all the required docs. e.g. proof of address, passport with stamps etc. I brought my Thai gf with me as the thai police didn't seem to have a clue what I wanted.

Anyway I just received my CRB from thailand in the post. It is all in Thai. I don't even know if it is a proper CRB. I am now in the U.K. It is a white A4 size paper with a Garuda on the top soem thai writing and my name on it. Is this the correct CRB? I hope my thai gf hasn't just gone and messed this up as we are split up by now. Anyone with any experience of the CRB and what should it look like?

Thanks.

Suggest you find a Thai restaurant near where you are, buy lunch ( a LARGE one) and request that someone do an informal translation of the document while you eat. LARGE tip, of course.

At least that way you'll get an idea of who it's from and what it says. You might need a more formal translation later to submit to the univ.

Mac

Its for a pgce. They need CRB if you are going to be working with children.

Even something like an optometry degree students needs CRB now, on the off-chance a child turns up at the free practice clinic for a eye test. dry.gif

If you have nothing to hide you might scan it, black out your name and address etc. and post it on Thai-language forum for them to dissect.

• 4 weeks later...

Do you mind me asking how that process went?

I have been living in Chiang Mai for the pas t year and a half, and I need my criminal check to apply for university in Argentina. Is the Royal Thai Police the only institution that can issue it? Is there no other police body that can do the process for me (for ex, here in Chiang Mai)? How long is the process? Could you do fast processing (if you pay that baht, that is)? Finally, do you have to do it in person (I assume as it includes finger prints) and pick it up in person?

Thanks a bunch,

Vera

Doesn't sound right somehow.

I have a recent police check from the Royal Thai Police Special Branch, Bangkok, and it is all in English.........along with my full name, passport no. and mugshot bottom right hand corner.