Best Englsih Text Book For Thai Learner?

sms747

I am not a teacher and have no interest in teaching English to Thai's. However my wife is a teacher and has been asked to teach English to another adult Thai. She asks what is a recommended language book to use? I have had a look in the shops but the range is baffling, is there something that stands out as a good learning resource for Thai? The lady is a beginner and has no time to attend a School.

There is a series called "Interchange" that might be pretty good. It is a series, with an Intro, then books 1-3. There are discs and a workbook as well. I used it and it's quite comprehensive. Start with the intro book and be sure and get the discs--quite important for developing listening skills.

Best of luck.

One i find very up to date is 'English for life' . It's British English so it really depends what your wife is happy teaching. YOU MAY NEED TO GIVE SOME INPUT FOR CONTEXT. especially if your wife has never been to the UK or US.

If it's really basic stuff then maybe she needs one of the Thai printed English books available from the school suppliers.

Good luck.