Looking For A Gym / Fitness Classes In Mae Jo.

marcusmarsh

Hi,

Ive just moved to Mae Jo and looking for a way to connect

with farangs through fitness or health activities.

Anyone know of a gym in town ?

Yoga, fitness classes etc etc ?

The point is I live a little away from Chiang Mai centre and would

prefer not to have to go all the way into the city.

Anywhere near or in Mae Jo that anyone knows about please ?

I did check google but only came up with the golf course.

Any help appreciated...

I think you'd probably meet more farangs on the golf course.

But there is a pool and somewhat of a gym (apparently, though haven't been inside) in the mooban behind the Rimping/Ruam Chok there. There are entrances to the mooban from both the ring road and Mae Jo road. The entrance on Mae Jo is right by the Pizza Mania (if it's still there, that is....) I heard it was 500 bt to join and like 20 bt each time to use. No idea what classes they have.

There is also a gym in the complex behind Carrefour (near the Wawee there). They used to have some yoga and other classes, but I think they got rid of them. It's like 350 bt for 10 visits (which you purchase in a card that's good for 20 or 21 days...I forget which)

There is also a Yoga place in that same area, just down from the German micro-brewery in the first floor of one of the Hillside condo towers.

Another place with a pool is on the 2nd Ring road, you turn left if you are headed towards Mae Jo. Never have been in, but it looks nice from the road.

And then, there's always aerobics at Rimping in the evenings. Though, again, haven't seen any farangs there. 

Oh, IF you did want to go into town, one of the nicest spots is the gym/pool at the Centara on Loi Kroh. It was a good deal last year, thou they seem to have bumped the prices. Locker room with towel service, showers, sauna and jacuzzi. They also have classes in the evening, incl. yoga.

It's a bit steeper in cost though, somewhere around 1,000 bt a month. Though I'm sure they have a discount for a 1 year membership (and a package deal for couples). And they may also still have a package deal with the spa, where you pay a bit more than the yearly membership and get several thousand baht in spa credit along with some other freebies, as well as a discount card good at all hotel restaurants as well as at the spa once your spa credit is finished. Lots of farang there as well: local retirees, tourists, etc.

The gym in mooban near rimping is called jia jia. It is 500 bt per month for gym and 500 bt per month for pool so if you want to use both is 1000 bt. It is 50 bt. per day and also pay separately for gym and pool. There are few farang there and I believe they prefer it that way. Other farang have told me same thing. I went there daily for 2 years when I lived in the area as it was closest gym to my house and was convenient. They have decent weight facilities, though it is meant for Thais. I could bench press their entire supply of weights at one time. Also they have little for aerobic training exscept some elliptical machines which are usually broken. Gym is closed mondays.

The gym in mooban near rimping is called jia jia. It is 500 bt per month for gym and 500 bt per month for pool so if you want to use both is 1000 bt. It is 50 bt. per day and also pay separately for gym and pool. There are few farang there and I believe they prefer it that way. Other farang have told me same thing. I went there daily for 2 years when I lived in the area as it was closest gym to my house and was convenient. They have decent weight facilities, though it is meant for Thais. I could bench press their entire supply of weights at one time. Also they have little for aerobic training exscept some elliptical machines which are usually broken. Gym is closed mondays.

Must be some 2-tier pricing going on. As my Thai friend called last month and was quoted 20bt per visit.