Transfer Of Visa Details To New Passport

I have an non imm o visa mult entry valid until Nov 11TH and a permission to stay stamp until 13TH Nov.

Just received my new passport back from HK and clearly need to do a border run before the 11th Nov to get my final three months entry permit with this visa.

I am in deepest Issan, can I just do a border run to Nong khai where all will be sorted on production of both old and new passports or do I need to visit my nearest immigration office in Khon Kaen first to have the stamps transferred first? whats the official requirement at the moment.

Sorry about the typos,using an air card is about the slowest connection you can get and with that moronic channel7 in the background the brain gets fuddled!!

Is their a known antidote to forced passive exposure to Thai total boll**x soap operas!

It would be best to do first but do not believe there is currently a problem for those doing on exit (other than more time).

Suggest headphones and playing western TV or movies on computer (you may have to buy DVD as sounds like you don't have good internet access).