The Garden

Ulysses G.

The Garden is right across from the Inter Inn (Between Thapae and Loi Kroh roads) and is a great place for breakfast or lunch with quiet, pleasant surroundings. They use a lot of Bake and Bite products and baked goods, but also do their own recipes and the prices are quite reasonable as they mostly have expat customers.

One dish they do that I have not seen anywhere else is hash browns with salmon and a little sour cream. It is very nice.

They told me yesterday that they are going to do a Thanksgiving turkey dinner for only 300 baht (if you book in advance) and the original Hamburger Mike will be helping out.

Thanks UG, always wondered where the other 'The Gardens' were!

I'll try that for those tasty sounding morsels.

The one I go to on a Sunday and Tuesday nights, for the live music, is on Rachadamnoen 'Walking Street' almost next door to Writers Club & Wine Bar and across from the U Hotel.

It's a guest house and Garden restaurant, very friendly and pleasant, with blues, soul and other stuff on Sundays and very informal folk on Tuesdays.

I hear there are maybe TWO more The Gardens in town, one of which does a popular quiz. Can you or anyone help on this so we don't get utterly confused and end up at the wrong place for the wrong thing(s)? Ta!

There's the Garden Bar, just off Changphuak Road, same street as the Lotus Hotel (the same business), Viangbua Road. Its a 'gay friendly' place, though not obviously. Quiz night is the 3rd (I think) Wednesday of the month, teams of 4 (no more or less) required. Very pleasant surroundings. heading north on Changphuak, look for the Lotus Hotel sign on the left, about half way to the superhighway.

Thanks UG, always wondered where the other 'The Gardens' were!

This Garden reataurant is run by some nice girls who used to be the employees from the original Bake and Bite down the street which has turned into something else.

It is really is in a nice garden area with lots of breezes.

Edited by Ulysses G.

Agree with UG "The Garden" is a good little place, thanks for the reminder as I haven't been of a few months, must get back there

On the subject, of Mike from "Mikes Burgers", another former owner of Mikes Burgers has a great new restaurant on Huay Kaew, called SoupaSteak (next door to Salsa Kitchen). Smart but unpretentious with Farang food at everyday prices. They also now have an extensive breakfast menu and a Thai menu (Useful if you're taking your other half who's not enthused by steak and chips!).

I understand they are now adding a bar too, provided by Darling Wine bar, so should have a good selection of wines to go with the food.

On the subject of Gardens the Oriental garden Restaurant on Loy Kroh was always good too, though again haven't been for a while. The garden in the back is something many seem to miss as it's out of sight.

• 4 weeks later...

I stopped by the Garden today and got the final details on their very reasonable Thanksgiving dinner:

The Garden (across from Inter Inn)

November 25 2010 11:30 am - 4 pm 5 pm- 8 pm

Roast Turkey and stuffing, mashed potatoes, vegetables, cranberry sauce, apple or pumpkin pie

350 baht, (buy 6 dinners and get one free)

To reserve: 081 882 2840, 080 127 0922

There's the Garden Bar, just off Changphuak Road, same street as the Lotus Hotel (the same business), Viangbua Road. Its a 'gay friendly' place, though not obviously. Quiz night is the 3rd (I think) Wednesday of the month, teams of 4 (no more or less) required. Very pleasant surroundings. heading north on Changphuak, look for the Lotus Hotel sign on the left, about half way to the superhighway.

This garden is also worth a very high recommendation if you like Middle Eastern food.

I stopped by the Garden today and got the final details on their very reasonable Thanksgiving dinner:

The Garden (across from Inter Inn)

November 25 2010 11:30 am - 4 pm 5 pm- 8 pm

Roast Turkey and stuffing, mashed potatoes, vegetables, cranberry sauce, apple or pumpkin pie

350 baht, (buy 6 dinners and get one free)

To reserve: 081 882 2840, 080 127 0922

What about those of us who can't eat 6 dinners UG ;).