Is There A Land Registry For Thailand

I am currently fighting in the divorce courts and need to get some info to my solicitor. I have two addresses for my wife in Pattaya and need to check the true ownership of these houses. She says they are in her name, but I need to check.

i have no docs here in my home country. Is there a Land Registry that records such things in Thailand?

Can I hire a solicitor to help?

Thanks

Firslty, I would like to infore foreinger can't own any lands and houses. Thus there is high probability those houses are owned in your wife name.

However, if you have talked about condominium and houses owned by your company name are possible.

By the way, you could get land document records from Pattaya(Banglamung) land office at South Pattaya area as followed step;

-fill up rquested form to check owner name on Title Deed which you need to giving your Title Deed No. to land officer.

-If not, you need to look for Plot Layout map (Rawang) to getting Title Deed No.

-Another tip, you should take your house picture from google earth checking to Rawang Map due to you can see only the shape of your land and land No. there.

You can't see your house address no. on these map which would taking longer time to get Title Deed No.

Since you would get Title Deed which showing owner name, you should get purchase contract record (Tor Dor 13 in case of House, Aor Chor 16 in case of Condominium)

All of these documents would be certified by land officer

PS. if you still can't get it. just PM to me and I could get it for you.

Edited by nara80

Firslty, I would like to infore foreinger can't own any lands and houses.

Incorrect! A foreigner can own a house even if he doesn't own the land. There are special procedures to go through though, but they are not very complicated.

Also, a foreigner may under very special circumstances own up to one rai land either by investing 40 miljon Thai baht in Government bonds for five years plus getting approval from the ministry OR being a general manager of a company that has BOI approval and where the land will be used as the general managers residence.

Firslty, I would like to infore foreinger can't own any lands and houses.

Incorrect! A foreigner can own a house even if he doesn't own the land. There are special procedures to go through though, but they are not very complicated.

Also, a foreigner may under very special circumstances own up to one rai land either by investing 40 miljon Thai baht in Government bonds for five years plus getting approval from the ministry OR being a general manager of a company that has BOI approval and where the land will be used as the general managers residence.

Thank you for your corrected. Because I haven't seen anyone who investing 40 M. and getting 1 Rai yet so I nearly forget it.

Anyway In case of foreigner can own house( which Land own under Thai name), we can't check only title deed at land office but also we need to check building permit at Tessaban (Or Bor Tor) for building owner name.

Edited by nara80