Thailand Anti-Corruption Expo 2010

webfact

Did any of you even read the article. Granted it comes from the Nation and the truth can be different that what the article says.

But if you would take the time to read it you would have noticed it did not say Thailand was corruption free.

On transparency International they ranked 178 countries in the world for corruption. Thailand came in number 78 That means There is 100 more corrupt countries than Thailand. Kind of makes one wonder if you poster's really know what is going on in the world. If it was as bad as you would like every one to think you might want to step back and ask your self why you are here.

Unless you are like selftaopath and he pretty well made his thinking clear.

How does 100 worse countries make Thailand's 3.5 out of 10 "not so bad"?

Uganda, Syria, Azerbajain have 50 countries below them. 'not so bad'???

Though I do wonder how anyone raised in the West can stand the stink of corruption and the tieing of the tongue and adoration of Thainess.

http://transparency....0/results#table

It's only when the scores start into 6, 7 and up do i see countries worth choosing to live,,, personally.

very comfortable with my top 10 , as Elvis would say, Thag U berry mulch...

I would love NO LOVE to see Thailand free of corruption and open to free speech

hope springs Etheral!

right now it is """ not so good """"

Why are you here you have nothing good to say for Thailand. You are pushing and shoving to get to the head of the line when it comes to condemning Thailand. If they do one thing good you find fault. What is your agenda? Are you a red shirt in the closet?

can't cure until causes are diagnosed, buddy

real question, why do Elite of ALL colors want the gravy train to stay on the tracks?

you one? i doubt it............ more like rose colored glasses to thick to notice the knee pads are wearing thin,

for that brown nose? try whitening cream

edit; moi agenda??? more like a fantasy,,, to someday see reduced corruption, freedom of speech, fair elections, stable govt in Thailand,,, ALL points documented in the manifestos of reds and

yellows

Thailand canNOT be compared with democracies like Canada, Sweden, USA even, UK, Australia caNOT

but,scratch head emoticon, some dunces do>>>>

dunces

Edited by yellow1red1

Did any of you even read the article. Granted it comes from the Nation and the truth can be different that what the article says.

But if you would take the time to read it you would have noticed it did not say Thailand was corruption free.

On transparency International they ranked 178 countries in the world for corruption. Thailand came in number 78 That means There is 100 more corrupt countries than Thailand. Kind of makes one wonder if you poster's really know what is going on in the world. If it was as bad as you would like every one to think you might want to step back and ask your self why you are here.

Unless you are like selftaopath and he pretty well made his thinking clear.

Though I do wonder how anyone raised in the West can stand the stink of corruption and the tieing of the tongue and adoration of Thainess.

It's only when the scores start into 6, 7 and up do i see countries worth choosing to live,,, personally.

hope springs Etheral!

Why are you here you have nothing good to say for Thailand. You are pushing and shoving to get to the head of the line when it comes to condemning Thailand. If they do one thing good you find fault. What is your agenda? Are you a red shirt in the closet?

real question, why do Elite of ALL colors want the gravy train to stay on the tracks?

you one? i doubt it............ more like rose colored glasses to thick to notice the knee pads are wearing thin,

edit; moi agenda??? more like a fantasy,,, to someday see reduced corruption, freedom of speech, fair elections, stable govt in Thailand,,, ALL points documented in the manifestos of reds and

yellows

Thailand canNOT be compared with democracies like Canada, Sweden, USA even, UK, Australia caNOT

dunces

Well I will give you credit for finally getting some thing rite. All though there has been occasions where a problem was solved with out diagnosing it.

Now if you could just understand that a continued string of bashing is not diagnostic you would be able to take a step forward into reality.

You might start by giving credit when some one says they are going to do some thing good. That means don't diagnose in your case bash.

Well if you accept the real world's method of recruiting ex alcoholics/ex drug addicts/ex gamblers, etc as those most qualified to guide/advise those who want to kick the habits, Thailand has a vast knowledge is probably a prime recruiting area. All that is required to find those reformed (ex) members of this elate group, to counsel how they have recovered/reformed. Hard to communicate with the dead or the twinkle in the old mans eye.

I just shot my afternoon tea out of my nose and all over my notebook when I read that. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

What's next, Thailand to rid itself of prostitution?

Prostitution is illegal and no longer exists in Thailand they have already cleaned that up. Now it is on to the paint job.

I might attend.

I wonder who the guest speakers will be? Presumably it will be quite a long list from the local area.

Maybe they can have a roundtable of the various head of the political parties, heads of police departments (maybe even a judge or two) and the such to brainstorm the latest advances in (anti)corruption techniques.

This isn't exactly corruption but I was very surprised to read it.!

I mean in which other country do Human Rights Officials splash out on $100 000 cars??

original story here

http://www.matichon....grpid=00&catid=

Translation here

http://asiancorrespo...rge-on-mercedes

Thai independent agencies splurge $3.3m on Mercedes!

Matichon on October 27 reports on the purchases of motor vehicles by the National Human Rights Commission. Key excerpt:

Mercedes Benz, value 3,690,000 baht (US$123,082), purchased on September 8, 2009

Mercedes Benz, value 13,198,000 baht (US$439,992), purchased on September 28, 2009

BMW, value 3,250,000 baht, purchased on September 28, 2009

Toyota Vellfire, value 3,299,500 baht, purchased on September 28, 2009

The next day, the Secretary-General of the NHRC clarified that the 13,198,000 Baht purchase was for the purchase of four vehicles and not one. He also stated that it was in accordance with the Cabinet resolution which allowed the chairman of an independent agency a vehicle to the value of 3,900,000 baht and normal members a car to the value of 3,300,000 Baht.

Matichon also has the details for the other independent agencies: the Constitution Court, 13 vehicles for around 40 million Baht; three vehicles for the National Counter-Corruption Commission at just under 10 million baht; just over 7 million baht for two vehicles for the Election Commission; over 20 million baht for a dozen vehicles for the Administrative Court.

I mean in which other country do Human Rights Officials splash out on $100 000 cars??

original story here

Translation here

Matichon on October 27 reports on the purchases of motor vehicles by the National Human Rights Commission. Key excerpt:

Mercedes Benz, value 3,690,000 baht (US$123,082), purchased on September 8, 2009

Mercedes Benz, value 13,198,000 baht (US$439,992), purchased on September 28, 2009

The next day, the Secretary-General of the NHRC clarified that the 13,198,000 Baht purchase was for the purchase of four vehicles and not one. He also stated that it was in accordance with the Cabinet resolution which allowed the chairman of an independent agency a vehicle to the value of 3,900,000 baht and normal members a car to the value of 3,300,000 Baht.

Matichon also has the details for the other independent agencies: the Constitution Court, 13 vehicles for around 40 million Baht; three vehicles for the National Counter-Corruption Commission at just under 10 million baht; just over 7 million baht for two vehicles for the Election Commission; over 20 million baht for a dozen vehicles for the Administrative Court.

Good to see such judicious use of taxpayer baht. Oh the trappings of working for the government are so few.... 3,900,000 baht cars as approved entitlement?

Can't they simply make a rule that they should buy cars made in Thailand? A top of the range Camry is more than sufficient. I wonder how much time the heads of these agencies spend driving the cars. I mean how can you survive without a chauffeur also.

hope springs Etheral!

yellows

dunces

Well I will give you credit for finally getting some thing rite. All though there has been occasions where a problem was solved with out diagnosing it.

Now if you could just understand that a continued string of bashing is not diagnostic you would be able to take a step forward into reality.

You might start by giving credit when some one says they are going to do some thing good. That means don't diagnose in your case bash.

wot part did i get rite... the brown nose, knee pads, rose colored glasses,, all of teh above!?

your first post in this thread was BASHING all the posters who ,,, correctly,,, find it hilarious to equate antiCorruption with Thailand,,

you said nobody knows the world like you, and now you are claiming the only grasp on ReAlIy WOTever

get rid of Corruption and allow free speech in Thailand

then I will continue this convo with you without my hands tied behind my back

you can make any toadie comment you like, if I state my true opinions you would call 1111

Xxxx xxx Xxxx!

or I will meet you in a field after a frisk for microphones

original story here

Translation here

Good to see such judicious use of taxpayer baht. Oh the trappings of working for the government are so few.... 3,900,000 baht cars as approved entitlement?

Can't they simply make a rule that they should buy cars made in Thailand? A top of the range Camry is more than sufficient. I wonder how much time the heads of these agencies spend driving the cars. I mean how can you survive without a chauffeur also.

Just wondering if government agencies are exempt from import Tax? If so the street value would be much higher.

My opinion is they should pay for their own cars!

• 2 weeks later...