Heads Up People

is the 30 year storm finally coming. someone told me it was coming 5 years ago.

stocked up....never came there had better b a30 year storm this time . i cannie be bothered to keep going out and buying stuff when the pound is low.

I am all up for a storm. a proper storm. it is myh excuse to run naked through the streets. sorry

i just have the urge to strip and shout like a luoonie an run through the street with a rambo scarfe round my head. sorry. just a re-action to storms. not sure what is worse the storm o my horrible naked body. i can take a picture and post it up here. ladies can be the judge. they can come and interview me if they want to give me a real vilid opioum about my atristic physic

Don't worry mate, that is a perfectly normal storm reaction.

Have you heard that if it gets any worse george Clooney and Mark Warlberg are coming to Samui to film the Perfect Squall. ;)

Perfect Squall? i'd assumed they were coming to educate us on how a carbon tax would have saved the environment and prevented the storm to begin with.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chill out guys. Its only a drop of water. Anyone would think theres an imminent nuclear strike

Your motorbike will get a wash, your well will fill up, its good for the garden and the ducks like it.

Happy rainy season. :D :D

I take it you haven't seen the boats which were damaged and sunk in recent storms here in Samui. You may not have noticed but we don't have a decent all weather marina here, so those of us with a vested interest in marine activity need to know in advance what the severity is likely to be.

Never having seen a nuclear strike myself it does seems to be a strange comparison. :wacko:

Hold on a second here..... anyone thinking of investing in marine interest surely should have known there no all weather marina on Samui and their business decision to have a boat should have been taken with that knowledge in mind. Is there even a "proper" marina here, as in not some pontoon construction. its akin to buying a foreign car and then finding out the closest place to service it is Malaysia. I also thought that prior to the rain season everyone took there boats to the more sheltered bays. For example the boats generally move from Bophut to Bangrak. I do not have a boat and the closest thing to marine interest i have is a pair of flippers but seriously, have i missed something?

Anyway, why the pissy response, do your moods suffer from seasonal change?

Yes, I suppose they do.... sorry if you don't like a sarcastic response in the same manner that it was given.

Nevertheless, a good forecast is essential when judging when to move to a more sheltered bay or remove from water. :o

Right guys it is official. Word has it that Mayor Crusty has stripped down his boats and transferred than off the beach and inland so it must be going to get bad for him to take the time and effort to do that. he also has been informed by the marine police top brass that all small boats are banned from sailing for the next 4 days. I'm not sure about the ferry companies but it may pay to call and check before you turn up as they were running an erratic schedule before the bad weather so god knows what this will do to them now ? :blink:

Also be warned that tomorrow is yet another no beer day in the shops so get out today and stock up. That explains the muppets riding round in the pick ups with the loud speakers the last few days waving at everybody :o

Have fun :D

Storms, prohibition on drinking, power cuts.....sometimes you just need reminding why you came here.:D

Yeah, those damn storms. wonder where Thailand gets off thinking it can have severe weather.

is the 30 year storm finally coming. someone told me it was coming 5 years ago.

stocked up....never came there had better b a30 year storm this time . i cannie be bothered to keep going out and buying stuff when the pound is low.

I am all up for a storm. a proper storm. it is myh excuse to run naked through the streets. sorry

i just have the urge to strip and shout like a luoonie an run through the street with a rambo scarfe round my head. sorry. just a re-action to storms. not sure what is worse the storm o my horrible naked body. i can take a picture and post it up here. ladies can be the judge. they can come and interview me if they want to give me a real vilid opioum about my atristic physic

Don't worry mate, that is a perfectly normal storm reaction.

Have you heard that if it gets any worse george Clooney and Mark Warlberg are coming to Samui to film the Perfect Squall. ;)

with gery springer as a ref. :D

apprently 2 nights ago in my sleep there was a big storm and parts of bohput were flooded. it was on thai news. yet i not even see it.

anyway sunshine at the moment. not sure how long it willl last :whistling:

As we speak Bophut Beach is getting a right pounding. A speed boat has been washed ashore and has broken up underneath the pier. The beach is going to be a bit of a mess for a few days!!

apprently 2 nights ago in my sleep there was a big storm and parts of bohput were flooded. it was on thai news. yet i not even see it.

anyway sunshine at the moment. not sure how long it willl last :whistling:

As we speak Bophut Beach is getting a right pounding. A speed boat has been washed ashore and has broken up underneath the pier. The beach is going to be a bit of a mess for a few days!!

You'd think the owner might have noticed his was the only boat left in the water and wondered.....why?

we just received a call that one of the local speedboats was on the beach in bang rak, by the time we had crossed the street though they had got it back into the water and relocated. they are pretty lucky that it was during the day and not a night time storm.

As said already. If you have a boat then you would think that the owners would have the sense to check the weather conditions and simply pull their boat out of the water till the storm has passed. it doesn't cost that much to get your boat pulled out of the water and stored and would also give you time to do any little maintenance jobs that boats always need.

Edited by H2oDunc

As said already. If you have a boat then you would think that the owners would have the sense to check the weather conditions and simply pull their boat out of the water till the storm has passed. it doesn't cost that much to get your boat pulled out of the water and stored and would also give you time to do any little maintenance jobs that boats always need.

yes people who have a boat know the waters. everyone else has managed to pull their boats out. if there boats are still out then as the thais say. som noom nar !

We're all doomed. (Scottish accent: Dad's Army!) :rolleyes:

Nooooo, only the Scottish.

yep news in we are all dead and now living in our after life. enjoy never never land.

Beam me up Scotty my work is done here :jap:

later off to another galaxy that is in need on the Enterprise zoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooom

Edited by BigC

hasn't rained for 24hrs at my gaff...................................bit of a breeze, nothing special.....is it rough, is it gonna get worse?

We have had no rain since Thursday, but it's blowing a bit of a gale. Has been for days. A few trees have come down, but nothing serious. Tonight might be interesting! :ermm:

We are currently in CM and thinking of coming to Samui.

Many ppl here say that the weather in Surat Thani area is terrible at the moment.

Do you have any idea how long it takes until the weather there gets back to "normal"?

You might want to check into my Samui info and weather blog with daily weather updates and archives going back 4 years. Most likely by the weekend things are 'back to nrmal' but keep in mind that this is the monsoon season and normal this time of the year usually means quite a bit of rain.

We are currently in CM and thinking of coming to Samui.

Many ppl here say that the weather in Surat Thani area is terrible at the moment.

Do you have any idea how long it takes until the weather there gets back to "normal"?

You might want to check into my Samui info and weather blog with daily weather updates and archives going back 4 years. Most likely by the weekend things are 'back to nrmal' but keep in mind that this is the monsoon season and normal this time of the year usually means quite a bit of rain.

If i see a pig flying past my window then the wind is strong

Been keeping a close eye on the Thai Met Office website and they are saying that a Tropical Depression is centered some 350 KM South East of Songkhla with sustained winds of 50 KM/hr. It's moving NorthWestWard. Think need to be aware of this just in case it turns into something with more of a punch.

Admit it everyone you're all waiting for that big three day long storm so you can hibernate with the crates of beer and other goodies.

Used to have the same thing back home with snow when I was a kid.....mind you that was before global warming! :ph34r: