Turn Bios Shadows Off

Kringle

A friends computer crashed and they tink it's because of a virus. Have tried to restart in earliest working settings and also safe mode but get turn "Bios shadow off" on the screen. WHat should they do next? Thanks for any help.

Kringle

A friends computer crashed and they tink it's because of a virus. Have tried to restart in earliest working settings and also safe mode but get turn "Bios shadow off" on the screen. WHat should they do next? Thanks for any help.

Kringle

OK, start with , i could not access to window , even safe mode....it restart by itself when it was going to load Window ,

from dialogue siad, I have to defrag, romove antivirus program ,till 1 till i could access SAFE MODE , so i did ;disk clean up - defrag ..

after those process , i can access to Win XP (SV1) but i just can use only 5 mins, and it had a peob , so i decide to FORMAT and INSTALL

no prob , in FORMAT process , but when i try to set up WIN XP (i have both SV1 and 2) it can copy window files 12% after that it said it cant find some file from CD ( obviously these CDs workable)

i Tried agian and again..sometime it show dialogue like , " load window ,defrag ---gee how can it's formatted" and it said I have to manage with CMOS by make"Bios Shadow" disable , so i did

restart

try again .. nothing happend in good way ..same dialogue

BB :o

reset the BIOS, then if its still giving errors try re-installing the firmware :o

Not 100% sure, but I think BIOS shadowings something to do with caching parts of it to RAM, maybe u have a dodgy stick of memory..

Edited by Joey Boy

reset the BIOS, then if its still giving errors try re-installing the firmware :o

Not 100% sure, but I think BIOS shadowings something to do with caching parts of it to RAM, maybe u have a dodgy stick of memory..

emmm , i reset BIOS already..but ..yes last time i just add more sd-RAM , emmm..make sense

THX

BB