Need Advice

qualtrough

I just bought a G-Net Blockberry, and would like to use that from time to time to check e-mail and surf the web. I have been checking what is needed and promotions, etc. and frankly there is so much info out there that I find it somewhat overwhelming. I believe what I need is GPRS/Wi-Fi. I have a subscription to AIS. I would prefer a monthly package that I don't have to top up. If anybody can provide any advice or point me in the right direction I would be very grateful. I have visited the True and AIS pages and found them both confusing since I don't have a complete grasp of this.

Your AIS subscription gives you free GPRS depending on the package deal.

I get 30 hours a month for 99 bt. If you are in an area where there is GPRS/EDGE

you can get email and surf the web pretty well though not as fast as WI-FI.

Edited by antony77

Your AIS subscription gives you free GPRS depending on the package deal.

I get 30 hours a month for 99 bt. If you are in an area where there is GPRS/EDGE

you can get email and surf the web pretty well though not as fast as WI-FI.

Sorry but that's a nonsense thing to say. There are no such thing as "free" GPRS. Either you pay for it in some form or other through your package deal (i.e. the 30 hours/99 baht you get or unlimited/600 baht) or you are charged "as you go" which is VERY expensive in the long run. Leave your phone on for 24 hours and you'll quickly see your GPRS charge hit 1,000 baht.

GPRS (Edge or 3G) is generally available everywhere. Of course WiFi is way faster but only available in few areas (and doesn't have to have anything to do with your telephone company - free Wifi is offered by many bars and hotels for example).

Edited by Phil Conners