Farang In Nakhon Sawan Or Tatago

Eastender

I'll be visiting Thailand from the UK with my wife and daughter next week. We'll be in Nakhon Sawan for some of the time staying with her family in Tatago, and maybe a few days in the city itself. I'd like to meet other farang, just to get a feel for farang life in the city.

Is there a particular restaurant or bar in the city where farang meet up? Do people still meet downstairs in Big C? Is the bookshop, mentioned in another thread, still going? How can I find it?

Thanks,

Robin

Hello Robin, I have never found the bookshop, but not looked for some time. Farang (round eyes) I often see down BIG C and am told that monday, wednesday and friday they meet up in the eating area and get a few beers from 1230-1400 hrs. You can find me from 830-1130 in Sawanvitteee 9 at shop Nong. Pineapple, somo, oranges.

Hello Robin, I have never found the bookshop, but not looked for some time. Farang (round eyes) I often see down BIG C and am told that monday, wednesday and friday they meet up in the eating area and get a few beers from 1230-1400 hrs. You can find me from 830-1130 in Sawanvitteee 9 at shop Nong. Pineapple, somo, oranges.

The bookshop was still going when I last went several months ago.

The guy who runs it is called madyakka and is a porter on TVF.

If you find Matuli road coming down from the route 1 and turn right at Matuli soi 18 onto Daowadueng road and left on Daowadueng soi 14 it is almost at the end on the right side.

Madyakka books.doc

• 3 weeks later...

Container Bar...in front Nakhon Sawan Park. We'll be there for Loi Krathong.The bookstore behind the vocational college is good. Just went there last week. Buy back, trade in. No problem! As far as your 3 yr old I agree with everybody else.. Big C. or Fairyhell will do.

• 3 weeks later...

Hernan - I read your post too late, but thanks anyway. I'm back in the UK now. I spent Loi Kratong evening at Bung Borad Phet lake - was quite good, lots going on, but was bloody hot that night.

We also found stuff for my daughter to do, Big C, swimming in Bung Borad Phet lake, going to the aquarium next door, to a nearby temple with lots of monkeys, and chasing dogs round grandmas house the rest of the time.

I will have to catch up with you expats next time, two years from now???