What To Get ? Sat/Tv Service Provider

sunholidaysun1

I would think most Foreigners subscribe to True Vision for their viewing pleasure as they do offer a fairly good selection of Tv programmes , news , sport, movies , documentaries etc .

Are there any alternatives to True Vision ??

Can anyone advise what is best to get ?

I previously had 'Dream' but was constantly losing the reception as soon as a cloud passed by .

Is it Possible to watch live broadcast via satelite of UK TV ?

Thanks in advance for your help .

Haha ... True has good connections in the ICT Ministry therefore no other company is allowed to provide any sort of cable TV ... It's one of the "no go" and "well protected" businesses ...

I stopped watching TV rather than pay for TRUE (had been subscribed for few month and canceled because they couldn't get the cable working but kept charging monthly fee. I almost rented a room to the technician coz he was in my condo 2x per week).

For sports I use Flashsportstreams which is awesome 26.99 for the year and i can get all the sky sports channels streamed to me setanta and fox.... SO much cheaper than true.. the rest of the stuff i wanna watch I find in the right(wrong) places.

Hope this helps

Mighty,is this livestreaming only or can you download as well ?

For sports I use Flashsportstreams which is awesome 26.99 for the year and i can get all the sky sports channels streamed to me setanta and fox.... SO much cheaper than true.. the rest of the stuff i wanna watch I find in the right(wrong) places.

Hope this helps

Mighty,is this livestreaming only or can you download as well ?

both... you can stream, but you can also utilize a capture device if you have a decent connection.. I just plug my hd laptop into my big telly and stream.... I use it at work now as well for rugby games

I had a friend here a few years ago , sadly deceased, who had a massive dish in his garden. It was remote control so he could move it to pick up different signals and even though I never got the chance to see it in action , said that he could pick up live broadcasts from around the world ? Is this possible , is it available here ? Maybe he brought it with him from the USA ?

My internet connection is naff , so using torrent isnt going to work for me , sadly .

No it is not possible as there must be direct line of sight to any satellite to receive it. And most broadcasting from satellite is fed to a specific target area so signal outside of that area fades. It is something that might appeal to Amateur radio buffs and those with an interest is pushing the boundaries more than the home TV watcher.

There are cable systems in Thailand other than True but most are only in the major areas and serve a local population. I am in Bangkok and have an 83 channel system on my Soi which serves part of a district. Still mono sound but other than that quite good (but only Thai family watch - I am here on computer). And for me downloads of programs is a viable alternative.