Hotel Quality Bed Sheets In Chiang Mai

HowardB

• 1 year later...

Im about to enter this dilemma- as (if all goes according to plan) I should be moving into my new condo on Thursday, and will need sheets etc.

I could be wrong- But...

Isn't the price high, because most bed sheets here are linen, rather than cotton! And linen is a superior material, particularly in hot countries (hence price hike), and for us foreigners that do insist on cotton, because its not the norm, the prices are surprisingly high.

Or am I talking rubbish (wouldn't be the first time)?

Im about to enter this dilemma- as (if all goes according to plan) I should be moving into my new condo on Thursday, and will need sheets etc.

I could be wrong- But...

Isn't the price high, because most bed sheets here are linen, rather than cotton! And linen is a superior material, particularly in hot countries (hence price hike), and for us foreigners that do insist on cotton, because its not the norm, the prices are surprisingly high.

Or am I talking rubbish (wouldn't be the first time)?

Most bed sheets are cotton, not linen. Buy them at Central on-sale. After 6 years we finally needed some new sheets and got them on-sale last week, marked down from 6K to 1990.00. We got the 1st set at Central too. The cheapies we bought at the Thai market for the guest room lasted about 16 months. The sheets we just bought are about 500 thread count and are very nice and comfortable.

Edited by elektrified

• 10 months later...

HELP!

can anyone please give me a google earth location for this store?

I've searched all over without any luck.

(I'm trying to find some suggested places for good sheet sets)

K.V. collection : baantawai zone5 ,soi15 hangdong, chiang maiK.V. collection : baantawai zone5 ,soi15 hangdong, chiang mai

• 1 month later...

http://www.naturefoam.com/index.php?lay=show&ac=article&Id=538706047

I found this website (English and Thai), the shop is in star avenue near Kawila school and the price is not expensive but I saw they have bed sheet for hotel only 210 and 260 thread.

I too have been on a bed sheet search for about 4 months now and am delighted to see this post. This is what I have been looking for, albeit I was hoping for a bit better pricing but this is close enough. A king fitted sheet, 2 pillow cases and a king duvet cover just like 80% of the 3 star hotels use for about $80-85 usd. I recognize the ones with the satin stripes (weave, not material) going up and down the sheet. Thanks CMBE. I hope they have them.

As for my experience the sales on sheets still run you 1500-2000 baht for 100% cotton 300 thread count and you still only get one sheet! I was at the bangkok gift and home furnishings exhibition today and even on the last day the 100% cotton sheets (or "sheet" and 2 pillow cases rather) was marked 50% or 60% off and still selling for 2200 baht and to insult to injury it was crowded with buyers. The best option I have found to date was what another person on another bed sheet thread suggested 5 years ago and that was to buy sheets and duvet covers at the hotels that have price lists. He found a price list at the wang come in chiang rai. I found one at the green hotel in Chiang Rai with very very reasonable prices for nice sheets. Have not seen such a price list in Bangkok.

Also, I don't trust thread count markings outside the U.S. because many manufactures include the 2plies in the thread in their thread count, thereby doubling the real thread count (500 is many times 250, yadda yadda). The FTC banned this in the us some time ago.

However, the sheets in the picture from cmbe's website above appear to be exactly what I have slept on so many times here and in china (btw, in shenzhen, china, just around the corner, 300 count bed sheets can be picked up in hua chang bei (mother earth market) for $25 for flat and fitted and pillow cases.) So why so high priced here? dunno, but its on the list to figure out eventually.

• 8 months later...

I bought pure cotton (100% so they said) bulk stuff today near that Warorat market and had them sew up the edges on the second floor of the market, total cost 440 baht and smells nice and fits nice. But its not as nice as the linen I saw this morning at makro which was too large for my queen size bed.

I bought pure cotton (100% so they said) bulk stuff today near that Warorat market and had them sew up the edges on the second floor of the market, total cost 440 baht and smells nice and fits nice. But its not as nice as the linen I saw this morning at makro which was too large for my queen size bed.

That's O.K. What you bought today may last all of 6 months, so you will be able to get something better soon. I recommend Central as they have good imported linens. At least twice a year they discount them up to 70% off and they will last you 4-5 years.

• Like 1

Im waiting for Central to have their next sale as my last lot of sheets from a store in the night bazaar are on their last legs (so to speak). Put my foot thru one of the fitted sheets last night. ...not bad for 3 years use with a hot wash every week. That's the bed linen getting a wash every week.....just in case people think I'm talking about personal hygiene!

Our fitted and loose king size sheets we bought from Worowat Market might not be 5 star hotel standard but still going strong 6 years later and that with a twice a week wash.

How anyone can get less than 12 mths out of linen I'm not sure must be lot of heavy duty use !laugh.png

Consider using flat sheets instead of fitted. You can use a full size flat sheet for the bottom of a queen bed, especially if you have a 6-8 inch thick mattress.

FWIW, a 6 pack of 200 ct. queen/pure cotton flat sheets is 75 usd on Amazon...made in Pakistan....so plan on paying double here.

Consider using flat sheets instead of fitted. You can use a full size flat sheet for the bottom of a queen bed, especially if you have a 6-8 inch thick mattress.

FWIW, a 6 pack of 200 ct. queen/pure cotton flat sheets is 75 usd on Amazon...made in Pakistan....so plan on paying double here.

But if you go to the Central sale (at least twice a year) you can get 450+ cotton thread count King size fitted sheets with pillow cases marked down from 6,000 THB to 1,990 THB and they are made in Japan. Excellent quality - we bought 2 sets about 18 months ago now and they still look like new.

P.S. there is a "mini-sale" of high-quality cotton sheets at Central Festival going on now on the 1st Floor. Not a big selection though. Central KSK always has the best sales on sheets with the biggest selection.

• 2 months later...

http://www.naturefoam.com/index.php?lay=show&ac=article&Id=538706047

I found this website (English and Thai), the shop is in star avenue near Kawila school and the price is not expensive but I saw they have bed sheet for hotel only 210 and 260 thread.

If my wife is translating this site's info for me correctly, she says they're selling the flat sheet, fitted sheet and pillow cases each as separate items.

So, using their 260 ct version and their item pricing of 880b + 850b + 2 x 120b, you end up with a total for the king set of almost 2000 baht -- pretty much the same neighborhood as the Central sale pricing others here have mentioned.

I own a resort in Maerim and we buy all our bedding from Lotus Bedding in Bangkok. They have different grades of sheets etc and the ptrices are not too bad.

For small quantities I suggest you look in Chiang Mai - from the Lotus/Tesco on the northern Superhighway drive out of Lotus and turn first left after Bata show store, go through 2 lights and there is a big bed shop on the left hand side

That's the Peenang mattress shop. They have some reasonable quality bedsheets. As mentioned Aro at Makro do some good cotton sheets/pillowcases, all seem to be white I think.

At the yearly Export promotion thingy on Tunghotel Rd they had a stall selling exactly the same quality as Aro but a bit cheaper and many colours.

Check the Makro catalogue that appears at their 'office' counter on occasion: they sell other colors as well, to my surprise.

This is all you need...took me 4 years to find....they supply most of the 5☆ in CM and the quality and pricing is good... better than anywhere else you can find in CM....located in Baan Tawai on soi 6 I believe....they run their own mill. We outfitted 3 bedrooms a couple of years ago and the linens still look and feel soft and new with no frays... all cotton which is important here unless you like basting yourself on the crappy blends.. everyone I have sent there has been 100% satisfied plus surprised they never knew about it.. I'd say without reservation - don't waste your money elsewhere......

post-114384-0-13005300-1429269446_thumb.

post-114384-0-16812000-1429269493_thumb.

• Like 1

I presume it's part of Phuket Peenang Mattress as according to their website they have a shop in Chiang Mai (and 14 other places in Thailand) They have an information form on their website;

http://phuketdir.com/pktpenmattress/

Oh, and if you find out anything might be worth posting to this topic.

Ok, so it took some time but I finally got my sheets. Probably not the quality I would have preferred but still worthy of buying. My first mistake was asking the taxi driver to take me to Peenang, which for his convenience was the shop on Chiang Moi Rd facing the basket shops. Unaware of the various areas of Chiang Mai I assumed, to my disappointment that this was the shop mentioned. I later discovered they have another larger shop, as previously mentioned by Bluweyze close to Tesco/Lotus at Kamthiang.

Although this shop is much bigger the bottom line is they sell exactly the same things, just bigger stocks, however I think they are more likely to discount more also. Im not sure of the thread count because it didnt state on the packet, but the quality was ok and the price was reasonable. I paid approximately Bt900 for a fitted sheet, 2 pillow case and flat sheet for a king sized bed.

In retrospect, if I had known the measurements of the bed I would have bought the exact set from Target in Perth. The set was 1000 thread and cost Bt1943. Although twice the price I feel sure they would have lasted much longer than the ones I bought at Peenang. On the reverse side, how many wives want to keep sheets that long and at the cheaper price seems more economical to replace at an earlier stage.

Howard

Do they sell single flat sheets?

• Like 1

This is all you need...took me 4 years to find....they supply most of the 5☆ in CM and the quality and pricing is good... better than anywhere else you can find in CM....located in Baan Tawai on soi 6 I believe....they run their own mill. We outfitted 3 bedrooms a couple of years ago and the linens still look and feel soft and new with no frays... all cotton which is important here unless you like basting yourself on the crappy blends.. everyone I have sent there has been 100% satisfied plus surprised they never knew about it.. I'd say without reservation - don't waste your money elsewhere......

PG, ... do you have any kind of business relationship with the two places you posted above?

I'm asking because, despite having a Thai name as the contact person, they both have a "Paul" email address listed. Thanks...

PG, ... do you have any kind of business relationship with the two places you posted above?

I'm asking because, despite having a Thai name as the contact person, they both have a "Paul" email address listed. Thanks...

None what-so-ever....my name starts with a P but isn't Paul.....I struggled for years trying to find quality stuff....I believe it was off of a

TV thread that I tracked it down....just trying to relay good info about a really hard to find item in CM......from what I have read some have even flown to BKK just looking for linens.....it's the same place just both sides of the card.....

Edited by pgrahmm