Burriram

zxray

Any one near Burriram that can tell me what the rice crop conditions are at this time?

GF sent a photo today, of a dry rice field, also story of crops dying. I thought everywhere was getting rain at this time?

She has never asked for money, but wonder if she may be setting me up to do so.

What do you think actual dry conditions, or soon to be ex TGF?

Thanks Ray

Chok Dee

Hi zxray, I was not in Buriram this time last year, so I dont know what the normal rainfall is this time of year. But I can tell you that in last 2 months there has been a lot of rain here. Sometimes it will rain everyday for a week and then have a break followed by a couple of hours each day, and so on. I think it also depends on where around Buriram you are talking. For example, last week at my house it was pouring down for about 3 hours, but at my wifes parents place(about 2 klms away) they didnt get a drop ??? Having said that, I went by train to Korat earlier this week and everywhere was green as could be, rice being planted, rice growing, and a lot of people out in the paddocks. My wifes brother, who has a rice farm about 12 klms outside of Buriram, left hes off season job in town about 5 weeks ago to start work on this seasons rice. I hope this all helps :o

Can confirm the above....around Surin was very green last weekend. But some places do miss the rain so cannot say 100% that everywhere is the same. However, what I saw would lead me to believe that everywhere was getting rain this year. Last weekend was overcast and cool the whole time, very nice. I might take this opportunity to add that if you are out driving around this area be careful. Insanity on the roads is alive and well out there.......constantly. I guess if you're gunna come back again it dont matter !! haha

Thanks for the replies all.

I have seen on a thai news site, that drought continues in parts of Nakhon Ratchasima,, wihich is somewhat near Buriram, and I am not sure exactly where mom and dads farm is. I will ask of course.

I tend to believe her. And I trust everyone, as you probably have noticed.

Maybe a good time to fly over for a visit.

I have seen on a thai news site, that drought continues in parts of Nakhon Ratchasima,, wihich is somewhat near Buriram, and I am not sure exactly where mom and dads farm is. I will ask of course.

Ray

Ray

post-19435-1123433633.jpg

post-19435-1123433801.jpg

post-19435-1123433957.jpg