Maxnet Again

buadhai

Its actually got worse here (Hua Hin) average speed is about 35-40Kbps. Last night I even had to unplug the router and get back on dialup just to download my emails.

I'll be hearing from the manager of the local TT&T branch today with some alternatives as this contract is definately getting cancelled.

Now I kind have lost Maxnet on how they assign IP addresses :o

A friend of mine just did the "downgrade" to Maxnet4life 256/128, and he ends up getting an IP in the same 203.XXX range.

At least the result is OK, little bit the same effect as I have on the Maxnet4life 512/256.

Surfing is great, doesn't stall halfway through a page or a download, response is pretty quick, etc...

However if I do the online speedtests they are not really spectacular!

MySpeed Results

Download 158,232 bps

Upload 84,304 bps

QOS 24%

RTT 32 ms

MaxPause 1993 ms

Or the leslie test:

Modem Speed Test Page - Test Results

Date: Thursday, August 4th, 2005

Time: 15:48:52

Download Time: 22.382 seconds (for a 470kB file)

Average Throughput: 21550 kBps (or 172,400kbps)

*Estimated Connection Speed: greater than 128,000 bps

Which is already a great improvement over the Maxnet4home socalled 512/256 speed...

So the speed tests tell me I can get roughly 65% of what I should get, but if I do a real download I seem to get the full speed. I downloaded the 16 Mb file to install Jave and it came in at 25.7kBps (=205kbps).

Which is 80% of rated speed and absolutely normal due to overhead inherrent to the TCP/IP protocol the internet uses...

post-4701-1123145587_thumb.jpg

Finally went in the shop and cancelled that joke of a service today. The girl even had the audacity to ask if I wanted to "upspeed" ..... upspeed from what 18Kbps to 30Kbps.

So after spending 3,000 on a new line, 3,200 on hardware and 2,400 on ADSL I'm back to square one ........ dialup :o:D:D:D

Finally went in the shop and cancelled that joke of a service today. The girl even had the audacity to ask if I wanted to "upspeed" ..... upspeed from what 18Kbps to 30Kbps.

So after spending 3,000 on a new line, 3,200 on hardware and 2,400 on ADSL I'm back to square one ........ dialup  :o  :D  :D  :D

This is my last speed check at 7:00 this evening

MySpeed Results

Download 469,864 bps

Upload 117,640 bps

QOS 96%

RTT 36 ms

MaxPause 160 ms

It is never under 375 regardless of when the tests are done and I do them at all times

I could not be happer with the Maxnet4home at 790 a month a very good deal funny how the service differs with different users.

MySpeed Results 

Download 469,864 bps

Upload 117,640 bps

QOS 96%

RTT 36 ms

MaxPause 160 ms

It is never under 375 regardless of when the tests are done and I do them at all times

I could not be happer with the Maxnet4home at 790 a month a very good deal funny how the service differs with different users.

Kid,

As I mentioned before, I think you are actually getting the MaxNet4Life package at the MaxNet4Home price.

Where do you live?

And, can you check your IP address again?

Thanks.

MySpeed Results 

Download 469,864 bps

Upload 117,640 bps

QOS 96%

RTT 36 ms

MaxPause 160 ms

Kid,

As I mentioned before, I think you are actually getting the MaxNet4Life package at the MaxNet4Home price.

Where do you live?

And, can you check your IP address again?

Thanks.

I Live in the Niran condo's just down the road from Carrefour and

here is the IP address

58.147.xxxxxx

Very fast for me today, too:

Download  276,544 bps

Upload 64,360 bps

QOS  47%

RTT  324 ms

MaxPause 732 ms

IP: 202.69.140.xxx

I remain baffled....

I don't have the answer but will enjoy the speed

MySpeed Results

Download 465,784 bps

Upload 113,968 bps

QOS 97%

RTT 39 ms

MaxPause 181 ms

I think Kid is getting the Maxnet4sme !

His results are exactly in the same leage as what I got in the first weeks I had the Maxnet4home...

Currently on Maxnet4life and although the service is good, it's not as good as what Kid's getting...

MySpeed Results

Download 395,743 bps

Upload 96,593 bps

QOS 36%

RTT 36 ms

MaxPause 1259 ms

Speed is OK, but the maxpause indicates that the contention ratio on my package is higher then on Kid's...

After everybody's posts, it seems there is no relation between the IP you get assigned and the package you are on...

It's probably the RAS server (which checks your username/password) that tells their QOS system (which distributes bandwidth) how much speed to give to which IP address.

I have a comparable system up and running with a Wifi hotspot (under Linux) and this system can assign max speeds to different users, purely based on username.

Free hotspot users in the restaurant downstairs get 64kbps, while the customers staying in the rooms upstairs get up to 256kbps...

I think Kid is getting the Maxnet4sme !

His results are exactly in the same leage as what I got in the first weeks I had the Maxnet4home...

Currently on Maxnet4life and although the service is good, it's not as good as what Kid's getting...

MySpeed Results

Download 395,743 bps

Upload 96,593 bps

QOS 36%

RTT 36 ms

MaxPause 1259 ms

Speed is OK, but the maxpause indicates that the contention ratio on my package is higher then on Kid's...

After everybody's posts, it seems there is no relation between the IP you get assigned and the package you are on...

It's probably the RAS server (which checks your username/password) that tells their QOS system (which distributes bandwidth) how much speed to give to which IP address.

I have a comparable system up and running with a Wifi hotspot (under Linux) and this system can assign max speeds to different users, purely based on username.

Free hotspot users in the restaurant downstairs get 64kbps, while the customers staying in the rooms upstairs get up to 256kbps...

All I know is that it is fast now and has been the length of time I have had the service If they are giving me the faster package than Guess I am lucky as I am paying for the Maxnet4home.

Still stunning Monday morning, 10 AM:

Download 408,904 bps

Upload 89,304 bps

QOS 87%

RTT 62 ms

MaxPause 283 ms

IP: 203.156.151.xxx

Yes very fast here in Pattaya Monday also about 10:30 AM

MySpeed Results

Download 466,224 bps

Upload 118,080 bps

QOS 93%

RTT 51 ms

MaxPause 121 ms

IP 58.147.11.xxx

TOT dialup 1222

Download: <deleted>

Uploade: <deleted>

Cost: nothing

At least I know where I stand with this, its slow but it WORKS, which is more than I could say for Maxnet. I've spoked to five or six other Maxnet users in Hua Hin who are all having the same problems, so it must be the area.

Currently seeking an alternative provider, will probably go for a Ji-net 256/128 package at around 1,500. If its anywhere close the the speed it should be I'll be a happy camper.

MaxNet4Home still working well for me. Downloaded a 119MB file in 1:16 this morning using curl.

Average download speed for the entire file was 27,482KBS.

During the entire download I was doing my usual: reading web pages, doing e-mail, etc.

Friend of mine went to TT&T office today and asked about the options for getting adsl...

Their advice was to stay away from Maxnet4home as it was very slow :o

They advised on Ji-net or Loxinfo. Strangely enough they didn't talk about Maxnet4life...

At least they're honest now!

Still happy with mine, +100mb downloads come in solidly at between 40 and 50kBps...

Haven't had one disconnect since I upgraded (which sometimes was a problem back when I had Ji-net)

:o

I have maxnet. I am in Sa Kaeo. I have the 512 package. I was able to watch Nasa land the space shuttle with no problems here. Maxnet works great for me.

:D Hello, I am also in Sa Kaeo Province at Ta Phraya out in the middle of a large rice field with dial-up but soon in September I will ask for maxnet at 256/128 as it seems there are varying reports of the failing speeds of 512/256. I was wondering if you would like to make contact with me to talk computers and I am always looking for a computer shop that sells many accessories and Internet access dial-up, as I will have three to four weeks before I can ask for the maxnet that I'll install myself. I live near Alanyaprathet. You can email me at [email protected] or telephone sometimes but online a lot at 0-3751-0073. Also I am American expat living almost 15 years in Thailand.

Download 426,056 bps

Upload 108,904 bps

QOS 95%

RTT 36 ms

MaxPause 621 ms

Fast Fast

Somebody posted in a thread that they gave all the new customers of Maxnet512/256 the fast speed for 3 weeks as a bait and switch well I have been with them over a month and still the same so I think they were bullshitting.

Somebody posted in a thread that they gave all the new customers of Maxnet512/256  the fast speed for 3 weeks as a bait and switch well I have been with them over a month and still the same so I think they were bullshitting.

You must be the lucky one then, myself and almost everyone else in Hua Hin that signed up for Maxnet got a month of pretty good speeds then it dropped down to virtually unuseable. I guess it largely depends on the area, needless to say TT&T in Hua Hin are rapidly losing customers.

I was able to do a one way video, two way audio chat with my Mom this morning. Something I wasn't able to do during the month of very slow Maxnet. During the chat I was able to sustain 160kbps video upload (10 frames per second). StreamGuys bandwidth results just before the chat:

Download

405,568 bps

Upload

92,168 bps

QOS

80%

RTT

61 ms

MaxPause

263 ms

This is MaxNet4Home 512/256 in Korat.

I was able to do a one way video, two way audio chat with my Mom this morning. Something I wasn't able to do during the month of very slow Maxnet. During the chat I was able to sustain 160kbps video upload (10 frames per second). StreamGuys bandwidth results just before the chat:

Download

405,568 bps

Upload

92,168 bps

QOS

80%

RTT

61 ms

MaxPause

263 ms

This is MaxNet4Home 512/256 in Korat.

MySpeed Results